Over the past few days I have noticed that my right pupil is quite larger than my left one. I also have floaters in my right eye (and a small amount in my left) but I saw an eye specialist and he said my eyes are fine and the floaters will just be annoying. I'm 15. I'm quite worried now about my unequal pupil sizes and I'm wondering whether to get it checked out. My sight is fine, there's no big difference in sight between the two eyes, the pupils just look funny.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: also, I find sometimes the difference in size reverses, and my left pupil actually becomes bigger than my right. But this rarely happens.

It may not be anything abnormal. I know that people who suffer from migraines have unequal pupil size but you didn't mention anything about migraines and you just sound too young for them.

Also, there are other conditions like eye injuries, glaucoma, nerve disorders, medications, alcohol abuse but I suppose your doctor had ruled out these during an examination.

Also, diabetes or herpes zooster could cause unequal pupil size.

Thanks for the reply.
I don't suffer from migraines or anything else you mentioned.
I suppose it'll just be something I'll have to put up with...

The responses on the unequal pupil sizes typically show that they whome responded assumed doctors have 'ruled out' conditions or 'abuses' or any other additional factor, they've listed a miniscual 1/3 of possible 'diseases' or 'abuses' that of which are a less concerning factor than those of which could be of concern...i.e. tumour or heart condition. If you don't know what you're talking about don't offer any help or at least state these are the only suggestions you have, or possibly note 'please do not entirely rely on these answers, and seek either professional help or another source'.

hi i also have one pupil bigger than the other but this was only noticed when i was diagnosed with a very large optic dic pit, this is were fluid collects at the back of the eye and pushes the retiner forward hense the larger pupil ! i noticed slight blurred vision in my bad eye and was turned away from various appointments ie the doctor had to attend an emergency and one time they didnt have my notes!!! its got alot worse and im having an operation tomorrow (thursday) id ask your doctor to refere you to a specialist because if its the same as me it will only get worse. i saw 2 optitions and non of them found it!

Guest, what happened then? I also have the same problem as yours. 4 ophthalmologists saw me and found nothing. They said the it could be neurological. Neurolog said that it is brain tumour. And they send to my neck air. But it didn't help me. My eye with bigger pupil saw blurred vision. Especially from the near distance. And my superior eyelid is down a little bit. One of my acquaintance told me that if it continues in that way I'm gonna be squint. If anyone knows the way of treatment please, tell me. Doctors couldn't find any problem.

I have had pupils that are different sizes since I was a baby. I had an eye dr. check it out when I was very young and he said that it was nothing so I did not worry about it. I am now 26 and still have different sized pupils (at times) sometimes they are normal. So it could be nothing

It could be Adie's Pupil- a benign condition that causes one pupil to be larger than the other- I was diagnosed with this a few years ago. It's mostly found in women ages 20-40

i have it too, i wasn't in to see about my eyes or anything but they noticed and the doctors and nurses had no clue of why it was like that or what would cause it

hi. I have it too.I am 14 and I have had it sense i was 13.I suffer from migraines all the time sinse I was 11. I haven't got it checked out by a doctor but I have read it is to do with heart disease, I.e tumors, abuse, anxious, alcohol, and others. But I have trouble breathing sometimes and my heart hurts occasionally were it hurts to breath. If I take to big of a breath it feels as if my heart will burst.

guys,

when it comes to pupil abnormalities you need to go to a neurolagist. i had the same issues as above and have since been dx with multiple sclerosis.

Do th the doctor and ask for a referral.

Hello, i am very worried.. my daughter she is 32 weeks preg. and she has had one pupil big and one little a few times ov er the years ..they said it was migraines altho she never got head aches... now we was told she has a thick heart and fluid around the heart.. i just remembered the eye thing when i read this..do you think the pupils can be something to do with this?

Hi there,

2 years ago i was run over by a car, i hit my head very hard and had loads of other problems but my main concern are my eyes. My left pupil is always smaller then my right, i asked my doctor a few months after the accident why it was like this but they said it was fine and there is nothing to worry about, but after reading all these comments im quite concerend. I suffer from memory loss and are now half death in my right ear, sounds as if i am under water, but atleast once a day for roughly 5 minutes i go totally death in my right ear, do you recon i should go to the doctors or maybe even hospital? Im rather concerned, please help

Yes go to the doctors. 

hi guess im 19 and i have the same problem!! but mine is caused from being abused when i was little and got punched in the eye and ever since ive had a pupil bigger than the other!! no worries but im an alcoholic now so now i suffer with that!