I am 23 yrs old.I have asymmetrical face.Left side of my face is a bit smaller than the right side.Its a condition termed as haemifacial microsmia.I dont have any other problem related to it like no hearing problem or no problem while eating.Can anyone please suggest some corrective measures for it and the risks involved( i dnt live in USA)

Hi, I am 22 yrs old and also have the same problem. It appears to be very noticeable on me and i have had people come up to me thinking my right side of my cheek is swollen. I have been to the doctor, which he also thinks there is obvious assymetry, he has sent me to a specialist, ive had xrays done but everything seems to be fine. Please help. I also do not live in the US.

i have the same problem! I actually went and got an implant put on the smaller side of the face and ended up having to take it out because of rejection.

So you are try to symmetricalize your face huh? Well I'll tell you what this is possible but it takes time and practice. First you must be able to identify tension held in the face and relax the tense muscles. You can do this by starting a progressive muscle relaxation regiment. After a while you can just go to relaxing your facial muscles. Focus your eyes foreward. Relax your eyebrows. Let your jaw hang (keeping your mouth closed) and let your toungue rest at the bottom of your mouth. Keep your neck muscles relaxed ( having tensed neck muscles can lead to facial tension). Once you can do this you will notice that you will have more energy. Keep at it, to have your face in symmetry takes time (2-3 months for the muscles and bones to respond) just enjoy the increased energy. DO NOT have sugery (You'll regret it later), besides your body is more than capable of naturally correcting itself and doing what you want it to do.

ya i have the same problem. When i look into a mirror it seems like my face is straight but i didn't even realize that i had asymmetrical face until i was a sophmore in high school. I could only see it in pictures if i was staring directly at the camera, but now I can see it in the mirror because i know it is there.
How long do we do these exercises a day and how good are the affects?

Hi.. I am from India. My problem is bit more complex. Along with the face my whole body have this problem. my face looks like skewed up from one side. my eyes also asymmetric. it looks so bad and i also have eyesight problem due to this. I am going under depression. I want to die. I cant look at my face in the mirror. I dont let anyone take my photograph because everybody make fun of me. I am really in a deep depression. My life is going to be finished. please help me.

Hi, I used to have asymmetrical face. I had cheek implants 1 year ago in New York. Planning to remove my under eye bags this august. Why to be so depressed. There is cosmetic surgery available for your sake. Don't be depressed and contact a cosmetic surgeon.
I had my surgery with the doctor of

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

Seeking professional help to assist you with your depression is important. Aesthetic procedures can probably address some of your concerns but it’s unrealistic to expect your depression to be completely resolved with surgery alone.[/url]

Hey! i have the same problem as well... but i was born with asymmetrical face and not just my face.. but my whole body as well!! my left side is bigger than the right side, i dont think i will get a symmetical face for the rest of my life.. i am only 11 and i realized i have asmmetrical face last year and i am always afraid of taking school photos... and remember i was born with asymmtrical face!! if anyone knows what i can do to make my face symmetrical.. please tell me!!

hi. im a 18 yr old female. i use to be pretty but my life was ruined by asymmetry. i dont think theres anything out there to help. i dont have anyone to talk to.

my right side of my face is smaller then my left. i got really depressed from another part of my body being uneven. i sleep up to 12 hours every day. i slept on my right side for over a year after a dropped out of school 3 yrs ago. and now its very noticeable to me.

i dont know if anyone in my family even notices my uneven face.

my face is not as bad as some people but.

im looking for someone who is like me.

a young female my age. whos face is slightly uneven. who was not born like this.

who has the same problems as me. all through my childhood up to 14 i was called beautiful. and it just switched up over night.

if your a girl and just wanna talk about life. please e mail me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

this is probably not the right sight to do this but oh well. please no perves or older guys. no dudes at all.

Hey my face is also slightly uneven.....most people don't notice until i tell them.....but i still feel really bad, because i notice.....
i loved to take pics but now i kind of hate it....its way more noticeable in the pics.....i think....

if you want to talk about life.....e-mail me at: ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

i hV same assymetricity in my face ...that i have noticed but no one has noticed it yet....instead of looking bad people always praise for my handsome look...but i dont think so dat i look dat much handsum when i see in mirror...

I am 15 years old and have an asymmetrical face..the same problem you guys have. i really don't like this... especially when it comes to pictures.... i have been avoiding pictures.... i really need a possible way to get a symmetrical face.... i feel embarrassed..... of the shape of my face... :-(

I have smae problem , I think I will die in next days because of it .

I have these problems :

bad teeth ,

receding chin

epilepsy

, did anybody have epilepsy before ?

regards

I'm 18 years old and always was considered pretty. I became pretty obsessive over any flaws I have and now I've noticed that I have an asymmetical face. Everyone else says I'm being dramatic but I KNOW it is there. I feel totally uneven, I hate pictures now and I used to love them, I feel like no matter what I can't be pretty because I just feel like it's not natural. I know it sounds superficial but its the most painful thing to deal with when you become so very depressed and not yourself anymore. I've tried medicine, psychiatrists, etc and nothing helps. I feel like a different person. I OBSESS over the way I look but I NEVER feel good enough. It's so strange because while I know its not like I am DEFORMED.. sometimes I feel that way. I wish I could be happy again but I don't think I ever will. I stopped going to school because I hated getting ready for class, I've become fulled with anxiety that I just like to sleep ALL day. I used to be the opposite of this, confident, outgoing, fun, loved to go out and get ready, now I just want to hide and my friends don't understand whats wrong with me. When I complain to my bestfriend, boyfriend, or family they just want me to stop and they are so sick of it. I want to stop too, but I don't think I ever will! I was so excited to go to college and I HATED my first semester being away because I felt ugly and self conscious so I transfered home, but then couldn't deal with going to class so dropped out. I am a smart, big hearted girl and I want to not feel disgusted by myself anymore! :-( :-( :-(