I had toothache 3 weeks ago, but I didn’t visit my dentist because I was very busy. Few days ago I’ve noticed swollen gland in my cheek. Can it be a complication caused by caries? I’m worried because of that. I know that my Mrs. Dentist is going to tell me that I’m irresponsible person.

I think that swollen gland in cheek is caused by progress of anaerobic process in your tooth. That’s what happened to me 3 months ago. But I used antibiotics, I think they were cephalosporines. After that my dentist repaired that teeth, and everything was ok.

Since you were avoiding visiting your dentist now you probably have an infection and swollen gland is just a consequence of it. There is only one thing you can do and that is to visit your dentist. He will probably prescribe you some antibiotics and maybe some painkillers because these things know to hurt and that pain is quite severe.

You will have to wait for the infection to pass and then your dentist is going to be able to repair your tooth. These infections know to last for about 5 days and sometimes even longer and during this period you will have to be careful not to overreact with painkillers if the pain becomes unbearable. Good luck and next time see your dentist on time.