Hello! My grandmother has a friend who always talks about medicines and diseases. She acts as she knows everything and sometimes she is actually right but sometimes she comes with some strange ideas. For example, yesterday she told my grandmother that she has been using paracetamol 500mg daily for last ten years. She said that this is extraordinary prevention for every cardiovascular disease. The problem is my grandmother now wants to use paracetamol every day too and I think this could be harmful for her health.

Hi! Well, old ladies are always interesting. Sometimes they can be funny but sometimes they can really come in difficult situation since they are not well informed on drugs usage. Paracetamol is very good pain and fever reliever but it is not used in long time treatment. According some researches paracetamol almost doubled the risk of hypertension among women who have been taking paarcetamol daily for five years. The dosage was 500 mg, exactly the same your neighbor mentioned. Maybe she has replaced aspirin with paracetamol or she thinks that those two medicines are the same. Anyway, the best would be to take both of them to the doctor in order to provide them with the right information.