Hello! My sister has a one year old son. Since he is in contact with many other children in his kindergarten he often has higher fever and his nose runs. She used to give him paracetamol but then started with ibuprofen since paracetamol (according to her) didn't work. I told her that ibuprofen is not suitable fever reliever for children and that she should talk to his pediatrician but she thinks she knows everything better since I don't have children.

Hi! Having children doesn't necessarily means to know everything better than those persons who still don't have them. Sometimes parents make such mistakes and harm their children in the worst possible ways. If you don't have children it doesn't mean you don't have common sense. You are right, safety and effectiveness of ibuprofen in pediatric patients have not been established and the best is to avoid it when possible. It could be especially risky to give it to the children who experienced asthma or any kind of allergic reactions. You sister has to consult pediatrician.

This is wrong. Most pediatricians suggest to use ibuprofen esp with strong fever. Get informed and stop dissing your sister and her parenting decisions