Hello! I have been using paracetamol for years and I have been very satisfied. I use it every time I have headache or fever. I tried to use aspirin too, but I had problems with my stomach, nausea and vomiting. My friend is using aspirin and she thinks that aspirin is stronger then paracetamol. I told her that these drugs are the same, but she thinks I am wrong. So, which drug is stronger – paracetamol or aspirin?

Hi! Paracetamol and aspirin are most commonly drugs used in treatment of mild to moderate pain. They are not very strong painkillers. They are similar in this way, but they are also different in many other ways. Aspirin belongs to the group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and paracetamol does not belong to this group. For example, over dosage with paracetamol is known as very dangerous, children can not use aspirin; aspirin could cause many serious gastrointestinal problems while paracetamol couldn't, etc….As you can see it is not possible to compare them it the way you wanted.