Hi! My grandmother is very old and sometimes she has very strange ideas on medicines. She actually doesn’t want to take any medicine but when she does she likes to make impossible combinations. For example, yesterday she took paracetamol for her headache and naproxen for her stomach pain at the same time. I told her that such combination could harm her. I think one pain-killer is more then enough for her but she never listens to me.

Hi! Since your grandmother is very old I think you should take her to her doctor before she takes any medicine. Since she already had stomach pain taking naproxen was not such a good idea since naproxen (as all NSAIDs) increases the risk of gastrointestinal problems. Combination of two NSAIDs would be even more complicated. Since paracetamol is not a NSAID the risk is lower. Actually, I heard that some clinical trials have been done on effects of combined paracetamol and naproxen in rheumatoid arthritis. The results showed increased effect of naproxen when taken with paracetamol.