Hello! My sister is taking aspirins every day. She has seen a TV show where it was said that talking of an aspirin a day could prevent many cardiovascular diseases. I told her that the best thing would be to visit her doctor first. She said that aspirin couldn't harm her in any way and she went on with taking it without doctor's prescription. I think she takes three aspirins every day. Can you overdose with Aspirin?

Hi! Yes, it is possible to overdose with Aspirin. Taking 200 to 500mg/kg could be fatal. Symptoms are vomiting, hyperactivity, convulsions and hyperpnea and after that depression, respiratory failure and coma. The first thing that should be done if over dosage is suspected, is to empty the stomach as soon as possible. And you are right regarding consultation with the doctor. This is what everyone should do before taking any medicine, even Aspirin.

yes it is possible for i have done it i took 21 300mg and i was throwing up and was very sick for three days i was in excruciating pain and many ppl already knew what i had done before i said anything maily bc they know im suicidal and depressed so yes it is possible you need to tell you sister how bad this can be for her and that she needs to stop

You were depressed, suicidal. You took
21 x 300mg tablets = 6300mg Or 6.3g. By any measure, that's a large amount of any drug to put into your body in a single dose. I once shared 7g of cocaine with a friend - we hammered it. I'm greedy and she's a lightweight so, I reckoned I had nearer 5g. By the early hours of the morning my heart was racing like Billy-O. I ruminated on death.
My point is that the sister of the questioner takes 1x 300mg DAILY. Nowhere near the numbers you and I were doing. Unless the sister is below 16 years old or, she's allergic to aspirin or lactose - which aspirin is frequently formulated with, there's no reason to see a doctor as long as she is also in general good health. The best advice is to quarter the 300mg tablet because it's a low daily dosage of aspirin, which is taken for heart health: 75mg.