I have a problem. I am 30 years old and have some trouble with my father. He used to be an engineer, and good one, in his days. He even had some brilliant inventions. Lately, he started making small mechanisms again. The problem is, they don't have any practical value, they are just sitting around without any use, but my father acts as if he discovered the greatest thing in a history of mankind! Even after thorough explaining, he still considers himself grand master of inventing. I am afraid that he is suffering from some kind of paranoia. Is there any paranoia test to confirm this?

There are many paranoia tests that could help you determine whether your father is paranoid or not. From the details of your story, he most probably is, and the type of paranoia in his case is called acute paranoia. People suffering from it have these delusional ideas that make them loose touch with reality. Simple paranoia test can confirm this diagnose, just be careful with explaining you father why do you want him to go see a doctor.