Hi, I'm 15 years old and have been smoking weed for about 3 weeks. About 9 days ago I smoked and was worried about my mom coming home and had the worst panic attack of my life. I burst out crying, my heart rate increased, and I didn't know where I was and everything seemed like deja vu. I haven't felt the same since, I think it is depersonalization. Everything feels kind of blurry, like a dream, and I feel like I can't control my actions or know my actions as much as I would like to. I heard it takes time to recover, but I'm just wondering if there is anything I can do in the meantime to make it go away. My last resort is going to a doctor or psychiatrist, but being 15 I would prefer some other method, this way there isn't a possibility of my parents knowing. Anyone have any tips on how to make it go away or make it get any better? Is it permanent, or will I feel 100% better? Does anyone feel the same as me?

Any response would be much help!!! =]

I also had the same experience like you, everything is became blurry, like a dream. But I had alcohol, not weed. Until now, I couldn't get the same feeling again. It could getting worse and it had gone worse for me, since I liked to consume things that could make me away from reality. It's bad for my memory, but luckily, I had a not bad brain to start with.

My suggestion is, try to stop using weed or anything such. Reality is something we have to face. Running from reality by using drugs is double bad, bad because the drug and bad because you only feel better about a problem but doesn't really solve the problem. I think, you could still become 100%, but it means you would have to quit from alcohol or weed. Try to do sports and eat healthy food, since you are still growing.

I know, sometimes Moms could be dangerous. But, sometimes Moms are our best way to stay away from trouble.
Good luck, my friend.

people have bad trips like that.
people say it could be the type of maraijuana bud that you smoked. if you try another type of pot and it still happens, lay off
but if you try a different one, and it's all good
then it was just that type of bud.

Thank you for the reply, means a lot. I don't really do drugs often, so it really surprised me that it had such an affect already. Thank you very much for the advice.

marijuana enhances emotions and thoughts, so maybe you were worried that your mum would get home while you were still under the influence, and the marijuana amplified that feeling a lot. this can happen, it is not unusual. extreme panic attacks can happen, and yes it can take a while to get back to feeling normal. say a week or two. just lay off the weed for a while and focus on doing things that you are good at and enjoy, whether that is sport or art or hobbies or watching funny movies or whatever. you'll feel yourself again in no time. get that bounce-back attitude that little kids have.

i think marijuana makes most people more emotionally sensitive, and i think that's why a lot of people like to be in a relaxed/safe/stress-free environment when they smoke, so that they don't have to deal with stressful situations, which might get magnified by the effects of marijuana.

always remember 'set' and 'setting'. two questions you should ask yourself whenever you smoke or take any recreation substance: "am i in a confident/happy/relaxed mindset?" and, "am i in a safe/relaxed/stress-free setting?" only take substances (including alcohol) if you can answer 'yes' to both of these questions. this will save you a lot of bad experiences.

maybe stick to smoking when you are staying over at close friends houses, and stick to small amounts. smoke a little a little, get used to the effects, don't try to blast your brain out first time. be smart and just aim to have an enjoyable time.

Hiii sweetyy .. i had exactly the same thing .. okay so basically yo feel like your screwed up and will stay like that for life .. but in reality it only lasts for a week .. but then 2 weeks late i got it again but not the same a kind of mild effect.. i guess it just takes time... its been 3 weeks now since i had the panic atack and ive stayed clean .. i think with timeyou'll gradually get better ! Good luck =) .. X

THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!!

i was soo worried that my mom would come home so i kept checking my cell and soon, my heart rate was sky high. I couldnt get it down and i was worried that my mom would realize that i was not myself. i literally had to look in the mirror ten times and convince myself that this was reality, not a dream. I felt like crying on the inside but i knew that it would go away in a few hours and i simply pined myself on my bed. I havent smoked it since...

ps.
that day was my first time, and i took alot of hits.

yes exactly the same thing... i hate being in public and get nervous but i think mines to a lesser extent. i think i only get nervous when im near the place it happened. ****** up my summer too. hopefully il get over it. but im just glad to know im not the only one it does it to. if u eva listened to the song paranoid by dizzee rascal i can relate to exactly those lyrics. i dont even no wot im paranoid about most of the time and i aint goin on the train in a while either. i just tryin to make sure it aint guna take over me. and remixx17 hope u get better cos i kno exactly wot u goin through mate.

**edited by moderator**

thank you all for posting and replying--i have 2ndary progressive ms and 10 yrs in am finally trying marijuana...i am allergic to nsaids and can't do the ms interferon drugs--anywho...i had a horrid panic attack the last time i smoked, and have wondered if the feelings were sort of "lingering"--thanks for the validation and the advice...

i know exactly what you went through.
i had 3 panic attacks in a row while under the influence so now i've quit smoking it, not that i ever smoked heavily or regularly. i never used to freak out like that, but i don't want to go through it again, so i just stick to the legal stuff - like alcohol.
i hate the feeling of not being in control of my own body and not remembering what i just said 1 minute later.
plus it just makes you feel STUPID, and i would like a future.

To the guy who said the paranoid song by dizzee rascal
that song is bang on for me aswell
i get convinced im having heart attacks and im going to die my advice is to not be stupid enough to touch it again i was and its really ruined the last ten months of my life

dont need drugs for a good time trust me

i know exactly how u feel also. i had 2 panic attacks .. i didn't feel like i was in reality either, and i have been off of weed for about 7 months now and i still don't feel the same, i found out that the paranoia could last a life time and you'll never feel the same depending how bad it was. so just stay away from weed and alcohol cause the drinking could have something to do with it also

that happened to me i smoked marijuana everyday for a few months then stoped but still felt the since of paranoia for about 2 months what helped me was i got drunk a probably twice after that n felt a lot better, also hang out with your friends or go out n have fun n exercise your brain n dont think about weed

that happened to me today except iv been smoking for a while the feeling sux feels like your in hell and the feeling will never ever go away but it does thank goodness

one time i smoked and my eyes got really heavy.. next thing i knew i said i needed fresh air. i was outside on a porch swing freaking out.. my brain felt like it was melting and i was panicking.. i thought i was about to die.. i kept asking them "wat if i forget to breathe?!"
i told myself id never smoke again..
less then a year later.. i decided to do it...
my brain was fine but my heart was racing so fast... i was paranoid id get like the last time.. now im scared to even smell the smoke of weed..

what can i do to not be scared....
because i wanna do it again.. but no freaking out.