Hello everyone!  I found this forum in hopes that someone could either calm my fears regarded long term damage to my brain from marijuana use or confirm them. Here is some background information before I share  my withdrawal symptoms. I used to be an everyday marijuana user. For almost a year(November 2011- October2012) I was high all day, everyday. September 22nd was my first time trying 'shrooms'. It was my boyfriends birthday, we had been drinking and smoking since the early morning. In the late evening one of his friends gave him a bag of shrooms as a gift.  For the first hour everything was okay. Towards the end of the night I thought I was having a heart attack, could not distinguish between whether I was sleeping or awake, and eventually whether I was alive or dead. I finally confronted my friends and suggested that I be taken to the hospital. Everyone told me to calm down and that it would eventually pass. I called my mother in a panic and told her what had happened, she immediately came and took care of me until the trip finally wore off.  Every time I smoked pot after trying the mushrooms I had severe anxiety attacks. After a few weeks of gradually cutting down my intake I managed to quit. After being clean for a few days I realized how odd I felt. I felt like I was out of my body, like nothing mattered, and that I was losing my mind and myself. (I still feel that way now but to a much lesser degree since I've been sober.) in just, I feel high constantly. I quit smoking October 11 2012, and I post this now on November 11 2012.  I still feel like I'm going nuts. I worry that  I'm losing myself. I never have actually lost track of reality but I always feel on the edge.  -I have spuratic mood swings(that I'm starting to regain control of).   -Sometimes my dreams blur into reality.  -I drift into deep thought often and stare into 'space'(I did this before ever trying  pot but I feel out of reality and out of my skin now). - I feel like I'm very special and that I have a special purpose in life. (delusions?)  -I see trails(like slowed movements) -I see stars and spots(and in weird patterns) -I get really light headed sometimes(like I'm going to faint) -I live in past events often and have trouble living in the moment or in the future. - I have only recently begun to expirience regular or almost normal emotions.  -I am also tired all of the time. - I have become extremely paraniod about my health or having health issues - I have become very clean; germaphobic almost -I'm very forgetful and have trouble concentrating -I have a really bad headaches -did I mention, I'm forgetful?  I have quit regular schooling and an doing SAL. It's like ILC. In depending learning with booklets at home.  I am very active! I do aerobics and yoga every morning. I walk my dog twice a day. I do all of my school work at the library and walk to and from there usually twice a day.  I eat properly and am very health conscious. -I don't have any trouble making jokes or talking to people.  -I dont have hallucinations of auditory or visual sorts.  -I used to be very negative(past year); but due to my mother recently surviving a car accident against impossible odds, have made a major change to be very kind and positive.  -I think of myself as extremely intellegent, and extremely mature(these could be illusions, although I am told so quite often).  Two months ago I had an MRI done because of a concusion I suffered in August. Everything came back good and clear.  I have had my blood taken and analyzed many times over the past few months and everything is healthy/average. Since May 2012 I have lost 50lbs. I am 124lbs and 5'7. My family has watched me destroy myself over the past year but still they tell me I'm one of the smartest/kindest/well grounded people my age or older that they know. I worry that because of drug use I've ruined myself. I don't want to go crazy.  I've been diagnosed with anxiety and depression but the psychologist that I spoke with didn't ask me about my drug us prior to moving in with my grandmother(just did in September). He didn't ask me about my family or my life at home. He just asked me what I was feeling and gave me the medications I'm on that day. (cipralex) but I had a very bad reaction(anxiety attacks, insomnia, paranoia)  So he put me on new ones(pristiq, clonazepam, and temazepam) There isn't any cases of mental illness on my mothers side of the family but my father's grandmother and father suffer from depression. Everyone disagrees with me when I say I'm going crazy, schizophrenic, or psychotic; I genuinely feel I am losing my mind. Can someone relate to my story? Can someone ease my mind? Does this sound like the typical habitual smokers withdrawal story? Is this withdrawal? Will this go away? Could someone please give me advice?  I cannot live like this anymore. If this doesnt go away or gets worse I don't know what I'll do! I feel like there is a haze or fog around my brain. My worst fear is going insane!   Any (useful) comments would be greatly appreciated! thank you for reading, and for any response!    I want to feel normal for my 16th birthday this January!     Really regretful, afraid, confused, yet hopeful,                    A.K Ps I typed this out on my phone, so sorry for any errors or hard to understand bits! 

Hope u started to feel better :D

Hi okay I have sort of the same problems as you I use to smoke pot everyday for 2years and other drugs like pregablin ,cokecain,crack, and a few others but I haven't tried magic mushrooms but iv tried the legal shroom stuff called (salvia) and it messed my brain right up, yeh I feel the same like a gaze of fog around my brain and sometime when I smoke pot It gets super intence and feels like my brain has gone the size of a pee only for about 3 seconds thou ?:@ its wierd? X

By the way I only tried crack once I'm not a crack hed haha x

hi i am a cannabis addict of about 15 yrs im trying my best to give it up i also took mushrooms when i was around 17 also i would take e speed and coke on weekends i gave all the others up at the age of 21 but continued to smoke cannabis i have felt every single one of your symptoms over the last few years im 33 now i found cannabis the only thing that helped me forget it all but i have 3 children now and it has to stop . i believe the brain never fully recovers from a bad mushroom trip i had a friend that got himself commited after taking mushrooms and he was fine mentally before. all i can say is it comes and goes i never spoke to a doctor about it so never had prescription drugs just cannabis . i dont recomend it but a good alchohol session does me the world of good when the anxiety /depression kicks in . that is going to stop aswell

Hi, I am sorry not to know your name. I have published several books and shorter works about healing my son's schizophrenia. He was and is a pot user, although much less so than he was. Whatever else you have done, you have harmed your EARS. Chemicals damage the muscles of the middle ear, which are essential for carrying the energy from sound to the left half of the brain to keep it dominant over the right half. You won't find a doctor who knows about this, because I discovered it by healing my son with music and then learning the neurology that would explain his healing. My work is based on discoveries made by the famous French specialist Alfred Tomatis. The medications you have been given will further damage your middle ear muscle. I have seen my son go through everything you describe, many times. Listening to violin music (e.g. Mozart violin concertos) for two hours per day (not longer) strengthened his middle ear muscles and got them working properly again. Hundred of thousands of people have been treated for mental conditions by listening to high-frequency sound through headphones.

***post is edited by moderator ***private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I can explain your depression (and the depression in your family) and everything else you have been experiencing in terms of the function of your middle ear muscles. You can Google my name to see my website and publications. My writing is serious scholarship with full notes and references. Please take the time to exchange emails with me so I can help you to understand what has been happening to you. With best wishes, Laurna Tallman

don't worry drugs always make u go insane....... all these problems also happened to me but the reality is u never want to quit !!!! so i believe if u don't do it just don't do it and if u want to do then plz don't think... bcoz after a time you wii become negative so the best way to handle drugs is to keep yourself busy don't think after done it just enjoy and do work which gives u joy......it really helps.

Well there comes a time when the negativies outweigh the positives. You may have lingering effects for >2 months as your brain re-establishes normal functions. Since you have no history of mental disorder a mild psychedelic like cannabis will not cause it and in general psychedelics actually reduce the risks of mental illness.

However eating those anti-psychotic pills will actually increase your chances of developing a mental disorder amongst other afflictions. I advise you to not take them or atleast don't mix with cannabis.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Psychedelics tend to elevate the amount of sensory information you recieve and the magnitude of emotions and thoughts. It seems either pre-existing delusions are been amplified by cannabis, it can peal away layers of the sub conscious mind for you to deal with, of course since western society doesn't seem to give the general public the tools, knowledge and skills needed to explore their own consciousness. The problem here is the ego. The ego is going through what is called "depersonalization" where drug use has unhinged your conditioned concept structure of the mind or in other words the THC has dissolved the culturally laid down foundations of a bundle of thoughts which you consider as yourself and they are all tied around the general "I" thoughts. I suggest you go back to truth and avoid playing stories of "I am this or that" and simply be, be aware of the fact you are aware or witness the witnessing/be conscious of the fact you are conscious and stay there in that headspace as long as you can, its your greatest rest, some call it meditation. I call it being who you really are, and its not a bundle of thoughts in your head, they aren't real. You are the silent witness to life, a way for the cosmos to know itself. Your natural state is peaceful bliss. Find that by going beyond your interpretations and conceptualizations of what you think you are and how you see life.

Another pseudo-expert who use people health to make money

You wont find a doctor.... of course you cant find because this what you say is total quackery no scientiic study which confirm this

P.S Tell us why all people who are deaf dont have mental condition?

Honey, you'll be OK. MJ is very potent and sticks for a long time esspecially if you were a regular user. The best thing you can do is exercise to help with your anxiety. Outside is best....smell the roses, see the trees!! Wish the doc hadn't prescribed pills, has its own set of problems. Drink lots of water with lemon. Eat good food, veggies fruit......let your body heal.....listen to positive music that makes you happy! Help someone....anyone with one lil thing....make positives happen....slowly....sitting around lets the mind go wild....You Can Do It Girl!!! You've already started!! CYBER HUG!!!

ya this things happen obviously, when you consume drugs. But continue taking Pristiq as it is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI), it will help you to keep your mental balance stagnant.

" Pristiq as it is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI), it will help you to keep your mental balance stagnant." and how its related to cannabinoids receptors which are influenced by cannabis? if you dont know what you wroting then be silent. "ya this things happen obviously, when you consume drugs" i dont think so I study cannabinoids and there is no such effect (if you dont have genetic predisposition). "shrooms " I dont know much about but medical research shows low toxicity (neurotoxicity too)