I am 31 years old female with history of a L5-S1 hemilaminectomy in 1990 nd L-S1 fusion in 1995. Recently I have experienced increased nerve pain in the buttocks and both legs. I could feel my bones move if I move my lower back slightly when sitting erect. Lately I had CT scan where I read results accidently. I found there how neural foramina remain patent. I would like to know if anyone there share my problem, and is it noramally?

I think we might have similar problem, because few years ago I was originally injured in the navy. Neurosurgeons wanted to perform a L2-S2 fusion removing all but the vertebral body. My concern was that this seems very intrusive and would just like to know if it seems appropriate. Before the doctor recommended me this solution I also had a CT scan. Results were something like you read there, which is not so rare. I believe interesting part of results for you would be where they said also how neural foramina remains patent. At L2-L3 there were circumferential disk bulge superimposed on moderate facet arthropathy with prominence of the ligamentum flava. This results in moderate to moderately severe central bony canal and bilateral subarticular recess stenosis, and neural foramina remain patent. Also, at L3-L4 where situation was similar, it was remained patent for neural foramina. As you see, results were similar like with you, so our concern should be to treat it appropriate now.