Hello! I am wondering can appendicitis flare up and go away on its own. I am asking you this because I have not operated my appendix ad I am concerned about getting appendicitis. Do not get me wrong, I do not have any symptoms of appendicitis, I am just concerned. I am thanking you in advance.

Hello! Well, I can tell you following: sometimes inflammation and infection of appendix can be controlled and healed by antibiotics. But, these cases are very rare and they do not mean appendicitis flare up and go away on its own. Generally speaking, when appendicitis flare up it is needed emergency surgery.

If you have problems with appendicitis you can not ignore this. You might have occasional pain in that area indication that something is wrong with your appendix, but once the appendix gets flared up you can only be helped by the surgery. You will need immediate medical attention and the pain will be hard. When you see a doctor you can talk to him about removing your appendix if you are having problems with it. To be honest we really don’t have any use of that part of our body and nobody really knows what is the real function of the appendix. If you have a slight pain you can always use some over the counter pain killers.

All the best,
Danella

Unfortunately, if appendicitis starts worrying you, it won't go away by itself. Hopefully many people don't have any problems with it in a lifetime.

I sure hope so I'm praying every minute when these cramps hit

If you had appendicitis, you wouldn't be able to walk, as the pain usually is severe, accompanied by fever, and a sudden onset (of lower right quadrant abdominal pain). If you do have abdominal pain that is intermittent, you should consult with your health care provider, as it could be something serious. Testing, including blood work, X-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, and MRIs may be advisable to diagnose your symptoms.

I recently had a ruptured appendix with fluid leaking out into the abdominal cavity. The pain was severe and the doctors saw that my body had walled off the leak. At that point and time they deteremined that operating was not advisable. The had me NPO for 3 days and hit me with I.V. that was loaded with antibiotics. 5th day that did followup CT scan and showed that the appendix was healing on it's own and the leak into my gut had decreased by 2/3rds. Just did another follwoup CT Scan and the fluid in gut is gone and the appendix is healed.
If you are feeling it, I advise you to get checked out with CT Scan ASAP.

Get a surgeon who isn't surgery for everything. Some of the research has shown that the appendix can be hiding spot for your good bacteria to repopulate the colon. My motto is that if you can avoid surgery it is always better. Once you are cut on, you are never the same especially if they open you up and start touching the colon, small intestine, etc. It makes it sticky when the touch it and you can have problems later in life with your different organs.

you are so right !!!

Hi. Your story is almost exactly to what is happining to my daughter. Her appendix ruptured. They put a PIC line on her arm to start her on antibiotics to treat the infection. A few days later the CT scan revealed that the infection had gotten worse so they inserted a tube to drain the abscess. Now the surgeon is saying that she might not need to have surgery to remove the appendix. I've never heard that. He said that it can heal itself. My concern is if it can happen again. Were you advised on whether or not it can reoccur? I just don't want her to go through this again. It's been very difficult. Thank you.

I was diagnosed with appendicitis in 2011, but I never got my appendix removed, and I haven't had any problems since.

Sorry mate, hasn't worked. I guess I will stick with the what the doctors recommend. Surgery.

This is what happened to me also

Actually, it is believed to be a home for all of your good bacteria in your gut.

You are exactly right.

I am glad to see you all know so much. I can answer the OP with a personal experience I had with my son this year. He went to the ER in severe pain hunched over. He is 8 so you never know with children what is going on. They did a catscan and found acute appendicitis. He was then taken by ambulance to rady children's hospital in San Diego. A team of specialists were waiting to do surgery on him. We were met by them and they confirmed the Catscan results to show an acute apendicitis. My sons had no more pain apon arrival and they checked him over and decided he didn't need surgery all his pain had stopped and he was as if nothing happened. To clarify the specialist team talked to us an confirmed the results did show acute apendicitis but his symptoms had gone and they chose not to operate. Apparently this is rare but does happen and he was not treated with any antibiotic or other medicines. All the glory goes to God. We prayed all day for him to be healed and it was truly a blessing and testimony to our children witnessing the power of prayer. We got no medical explanation as to how this just went away on its own.