CAN A WOMAN GET PREGNANT WHEN IN PERIMENAPAUSE? I AM A 46 YR YOUNG WOMAN THAT I THINK I JUST STARTED PERIMENAPAUSE.

Yes, it is quite possible. When you are in menopause, you still ovulate but not as regularly. The problem is that you don’t know when you are about to ovulate, so it is important to use protection until you don’t fully stop menstruating.

Your sexual hormones decline at the beginning of perimenopause and you ovulate but not as frequently. If you ovulate, it means you can get pregnant anytime.

Make sure you use birth control pills or condoms regularly since withdrawal is not 100% protection.

However, the chances are less than in women who are in their 20s and 30s. Since you are over 40, your chances are reduced by 50% but there is still a possibility. As you get older, your chances decline. Once you are fully in menopause-meaning you haven’t had a period for a year, then you are safe from getting pregnant.

I know from experience! I was 33 years old when they told me I was in perimenapause. I found out in Jan04 THen JUly 1 I found out I was pregant. I was all set up to do some tests to see if I could have children cause docs said I couldnt,. THen it happend we bought a new house had a huge mortgage and lo and behold I got pregnant as soon as we moved in.
So if you do not want children in this stage of your like then use birth controle of some type. I had a very complicated pregnancy and almost lost both our lives. Dont take the chance if you really do not want anymore children.