I am 40 years old woman, and I know I should expect perimenapause. Lately I have noticed hot flashes during and after period. Also my menstrual cycles are not regular any more. That’s why I think it’s time for me to hear more about recommendations and treatments for perimenapausal issues.

Average for women menopause is around age 52 and for perimenopause as early as age 35. When hormonal changes are first noticeable, then we have a 10 to 17 year period when a woman is considerably vulnerable to the effects of hormone changes. These changes are often overlooked until symptoms demand attention. Several good books are available on this subject of perimenopausal issues that will help anyone identify and understand female hormonal problems. In hardback there is Natural Hormone Balance for Women by Uzzi Reiss. Randomized double-blind placebo controlled clinical trial has shown that the isoflavones in soy appear to protect menopausal women from bone loss. In other words, drinking two cups of soymilk each day, women can go through menopause with strong bones. Also it helps to prevent cancer, heart disease, a stroke or two and blood clots in the lung. There is one vitamin PABA that helps potentate hormones, especially in women moving toward menopause and perimenopause.