One of my work colleagues told me that she wanted sex a lot during perimenopause. She says that she had major problem with her husband about it. Their marriage was in big crises. Anyway, I am very close to perimenopause and I wonder if my sex life would change. What are other people’s experiences? Is anyone willing to share?

Most women don’t experience major changes in their sex lives during the perimenopause. My sex life for example was the same in the perimenopause as before, although I experienced more vaginal dryness during the perimenopause. It was explained to me that it was body’s normal response to a decreased level of the hormone estrogen and this is rarely a problem during perimenopause. You can discuss with your doctor the options available to deal with vaginal dryness, such as use of lubricants available in any drug store; you may also want to discuss hormone replacement therapy or vaginal estrogen cream to help alleviate this problem once you are in menopause. I know that some women experience a decrease in sexual desire during perimenopause or after menopause; I think that the woman who wanted lot of sex during perimenopause is really exceptional.

I'm in perimenopause and i definately want sex more often!! 8)

Definitely want more sex! Constantly wet. Some days so wet that I change my underwear three times.

I want sex all the time and was diagnosed wit Perimenopause 2 years ago. It is all I think about and I am turned on and wet all the time. My problem is my partner doesn't want it as much as I do. He isn't very healthy and so we are having problems. I thought our sex drives would decrease... is there something wrong with me?

It varies from woman to woman. Perimenopause was bad news for me. Bad periods every three weeks with IBS. My sex drive was through the roof for years. Just about the time my husband's sex drive plummeted. We had many fights about it. He is a decade older than me, so that did not help. Eventually, I realized there was nothing I could do about it. I got tired of being the only interested party, so to speak. You had really better love the person you marry. Luckily, I loved him very much. It was a hard time in my life. I am menopausal now, have been for a few years. Still interested in sex, as I believe most of us are. But the desire is not overwhelming like before. Hormones are for real. I believe even men with erectile dysfunction still desire sex in their minds. The body parts just don't always cooperate.

I too wanted sex so much more during perimenopause and menopause...I think I have officially reached menopause as my hot flashes seem to have subsided and my periods have been stopped for several months now but I still want sex all the time and I am so wet all the time. I was always under the impression that you wanted sex less and experienced vaginal dryness and had discomfort during sex but I have not had any of that and I enjoy it so much now and want it all the time and I am more open to trying new things and having my partner touch me more than I used to...it is all I think about. I crave his touch and having his body close to mine. It can be frustrating at times because he is 14 years older than I am and has ED and needs to take a pill to have sex and sometimes it is hard to wait for him to be ready (if at all if the pill doesn't work well) and I want him NOW, so that part can be difficult and disappointing and frustrating at times.

I am in perimenopause and I am 46 years old. I have always had a rather high sex drive but over the past year, all I do is want sex and lots of it, 5 days a week is perfect. I do not have any vaginal dryness, in fact I orgasm often during sex to a point where i'm sure if it me or him. I almost feel like I am out of control. My boyfriend loves it ..of course but it makes me a little crazy at work.

I want more sex and my vagina is more wet I am going on 50 years old I believe I'm going to pre menopause is anyone else have these symptoms

That really possible, I heard about it. When was starting the discussion on topic Peyton Manning and HGH, I was interested and find out about benefits such therapy for women' health 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I'm 44 and I feel my sex drive screaming. I think about sex more often.. I beg my husband for sex all the time.. I feel on the verge of becoming addicted to sex.

I am having the same thing I am 57 think now I am mostly coming to the end of mine. I am pleased for I still think it is nice to feel like it at this age.

Same here, I'm always wet and turned on, it drives me nuts!

you need a real man

I have never wanted so much sex in my life. It's driving me crazy. I hope I don't make my husband crazy. If I'm awake, I'm thinking about it. If I'm asleep, I dream about it. I'm about to turn 48.