I have one weird question - can I get pregnant after going through menopause? But I mean naturally pregnant, without any egg transplant or help from the outside. Thanks in advance.

Sure, you still have this chance to get pregnant. You can get pregnant if you are going through the menopause, but not after it. Naturally, of course. You still are ovulating even if you don't have a period anymore. I know one girl, she is actually a very good friend of mine who conceived during the menopause. She believed that this is not possible, she had all the symptoms of the menopause as well, vaginal dryness during menopause was her big problem, but she was coping with it amazingly well. Even if your body is changing, that doesn't mean that as soon as you enter a menopause, you will stop ovulating. That is a mistake and a lot of ladies actually are not aware of this. 

Yes, it is possible to get pregnant while you are going through menopause but only with medical help. It's unlikely, but possible. I think that you should talk to your doc about this as really I don’t know much about it... But I’m sure it is possible..

YES!!!!! You can get pregnant after menopause... you STILL ovulate without a period!! It may not be every month, it may be only once a year, HOWEVER, because you DO, you can become pregnant.

can you still get pregnant during takin of Hrt I just wondered?

No you do not ovulate at all after menopause. That is the point of menopause. You stop getting periods because you stop menstruating! No you cannot get pregnant naturally after menopause. During menopause, when your periods still come but are very irregular, it is possible. But once you have not had a period for a year or more, you do not ovulate.

Is it really true that you can get pregnant during menopause (perimenopause)?
God, I hope so. How do you know? Do you suffer the same symptoms?
If your periods have already stopped how do you know if you are pregnant?
Thanks for your notes they have been really helpful.
Dinka :-D

I've heard of it happening many times Women getting pregnant while going through menopause, I have a friend that thought she had the flu and she went through menopause and she went to the dr, and found out that she was pregnant. I watch the show bringing home baby and there was a woman that went through menopause and became pregnant, without the help of any dr. they weren't trying to get pregnant it just happened

YES! you can.. I have a 2 yr old that proves that.. I had no period for 3 yrs... :-)

I am so confused. I was told by the dr 4.5 years ago, yes 4.5 that I was going through Menopause (pre-ovarian failure as I was only 34) that I had less than a 5% chance of becoming preganant and that was with medical help. I haven't had a period since Feb. 08, it is now Aug. 08. Not unusual, for the past 4 years I have been getting them once to twice a year and sometimes 8 months in between that. My boyfriend and I were devestated and have finally been okay with accepting we had to adopt. We don't practice safe sex b/c why would we, < 5% chance with medical help? I have gotten tired before on and off through out the years in the afternoons, can't keep eyes open, for no apparant reason, so why should this time be any different. Well this time I am nauseas every day, on and off, when I eat, if I don't eat. Just a constant dull nauseas. My breasts aren't sore, but that only occurred when I was getting my period so that won't work for me in telling. What do you think? Could I be? After all this time of being in "menopause"? I am not on any meds so I don't know where the nauseau is coming from. I am not trying to think about it, b/c I don't want my mind to make stuff up. But my mind isn't making up the fact that I have to pee every hour or so, on a pretty regular basis from day to day. Thoughts? No guesses please, I am hoping for a miracle but don't want to get my hopes up high if there is no reason for it. I can't take that rejection again.

i am also going through early menopause have been since 3 years now when i was 35 had a few periods in the first year maybe 1 in the next but none at all this year have meet a really nice guy 2 years ago and we was planning on having a baby so went to the doctors because of this the sent me to fertility clinic as far as they are concerned i cant have any babies i feel sick all the time am constanlty tired and dull felling am not on any meds at all want to know if this is all the syptoms or menopause and could i still get pregant without any medical aids just naturally

hi i went on hrt at the age of 28 an come off them at the age of 37 now.can i get pregnant if im not getting anymore periods,but my husband is on steriods an other medicines as well,would that stop me on getting pregnant if i could. :-P

After menopause many women worry that they can still get pregnant, which is a natural concern after a life of needing to worry about protecting oneself from an unwanted pregnancy. If your doctor has confirmed that you have gone through menopause it is impossible for you to become pregnant. The reason for this is that there are not any eggs left for your ovaries to release. If there are no eggs left in your body there is nothing left to become fertilized and grow into a baby.

While you cannot get pregnant if menopause is complete you can get pregnant when you are going through peri-menopause. The reason for this is that you are still ovulating on and off and if there is sperm present when you happen to ovulate it could turn into a viable fetus. During this time the likelihood of pregnancy is hit or miss, so if you do not want to become pregnant you should continue to use protection until your doctor can confirm that you have completed menopause. Remember that if you are trying to become pregnant during this time it might be hard as the eggs are quite old and a viable pregnancy may be hard to come by especially because you never know when you will ovulate or not.

If you have gone through menopause and your doctor has confirmed that you will not ovulate again there is no reason to worry about becoming pregnant. With a doctors confirmation you can begin to enjoy your sex life without the worry that you'll have to deal with an unplanned pregnancy, though you should still practice safe sex as menopause is not a guard against sexually transmitted diseases. Menopause is a clear sign that you do not have to purchase a pregnancy test every time you feel just a bit 'off' because there is no possible way for that to be an explanation for the way you are feeling. For most women, this is a welcome period of their life, and not having to worry about pregnancy is a relief!

There are a lot of rumors, old wives tales, and urban legends that talk of women getting pregnant after they have gone through menopause. In fact, if you search hard enough you'll find stories that have women as old as 90 getting pregnant. These stories are highly unlikely, and if they did happen by some odd circumstance, that proves that these women had not completed menopause because if they had they wouldn't have eggs to be fertilized! As long as you remember that you cannot get pregnant without eggs you won't have any nagging doubts about whether you could become pregnant now that you have completed the menopause experience.

I know a friend that thought she was not able to become pregnant after menopause, but she is 55 with a baby so how do you explains that and without and help but from his husband. So I read a lot and believe little that I hear.

i am 48 years old i havent had a period in 5 months but feel movement in stomach and pregnant symthoms i have hot flashes and the movement is like a baby test says neg any help from anyone or suggestions