Hello. I'm 38 year old male and I'm very worried about my little son. He’s only eleven years old but recently diagnosed with one mild for of asthma. I've talked with his GP and he told me that he shouldn’t use some typical anti-asthmatic medications that widen air ways but some new medications that work somehow differently.
I really didn’t understand what he was saying but I know that he prescribed him some drug called Pseudoephedrine and I would like to find out more about it, mechanism of action and possible side effects. Is it safe for my son to start using it?
If someone knows something about this- feel free to write me!

Hello. I know some facts about this drug you were talking about and I don’t mind telling you everything I know.
My brother is using this drug for almost three years and he’s talking about it almost all the time.
He’s very satisfied with it and that’s how I've learned these facts about it. You see, you were right when you said that this drug has one specific mechanism of action- pseudoephedrine produces vasoconstriction, which shrinks swollen nasal mucous membranes, relieve reduces tissue swelling and edema.
Like all other drugs it has some side effects that you should know for such as nervousness, restlessness, insomnia.