Hallo. I was wondering can anybody help me.
My little son got this disease called Schuermann’s disease.
I don’t know what kind of disease is this but I know he is lot of pain.
He can’t sleep on his back because his back hurt constantly and he’s only eleven years old. I’m desperate to help him.
I went to see a doctor but he didn’t help me at all because he said that in his whole career he didn’t see such condition.
I am very frightened because I don’t know what to do. General practitioner prescribed me some analgetic drug to relieve his symptoms but this is not a definite solution.
Please help!

HI, I think I can help you with your lack of informations.
Schuermann’s disease is one of many diseases that attack children in adolescence period. It is primary bone disease!
The cause is unknown!
It makes his thoracic vertebras become temporarily soft and pressure of bearing his weight is becoming too much for his spine.
That results in several deformities in vertebra size and shape and can lead to much difficult diseases like juvenile osteochondritis.
I suggest you seek for professional medical help as soon as you can before it becomes late.
Find a good orthopaedian and start with treatment right away and your child will not have any consequences!
Good luck!

I had Schuermanns disease growning up. It started when I was about the same age as your son. Many trips to Dr's didn't help until finally we found a Dr. that sent me to an orthopedic surgeon. He was great! I finally got some relief for my constant back pain. I was put in a body cast for nine months to help relieve the pressure of the spine on my discs. Schuermanns disease is a deterioration of the spine. It breaks down the vertebrae and this causes pressure on the discs. It is also known as hunchback disease. After nine months in the cast, which really helped with the pain, I started wearing a back brace. It was called The Milwaukee back brace. It was my life saver. Although I had to wear it for 4 years, I didn't care. It made me feel so much better, that I didn't want to take if off. I had to wear it day and night until my body stopped growing. I took it off to shower and then right back on again. It was made out of stainlees steel and leather, and it started at my head holding my head straight up with a chin rest and went down to my hips. I wore it under my clothes and it wasn't uncomfortable at all. I'm sure they have different ways of dealing with this disease these days, but I hope you take your son to an orthopedic surgeon, they know more about bones than a regular doctor. Good-luck to your son.