Hey there,
My grandfather suffers from altzheimer disease. We heard there is a new drug on market, called Namenda. Could anyone, please, tell me some more about this drug.

Namenda was approved by FDA in 2003. It was previously known by its generic name mamantine HCI and it is used for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
Here is a statement Lawrence Olanoff, M.D., Ph.D., Executive Vice President of Scientific Affairs at Forest Laboratories statement: "Memantine has shown a significant and consistent benefit for moderate to severe Alzheimer's patients in multiple, well-controlled trials when used alone or in combination with a currently approved treatment. It is the first in a new class of Alzheimer's medications with a mechanism of action that differs from currently available therapies….”
Namenda has been safe and well tolerated in clinical trials. The most common side effects observed in clinical trials are dizziness, headache, fatigue and somnolence.
I hope this information is useful to you.