Hello. I'm 18 year old male and just recently I have developed some serious symptoms related to my lungs.
I believe I have catch some virus or something because I don’t smoke and didn’t expose my self to cold weather or anything.
Anyway, after several serious episodes of coughing and headaches I was thinking to contact some doctor over this. But, before I do, I would like to find out what is the usual treatment of this; let’s say viral bronchitis and other viral respiratory infections. Next week I have school basketball championship and I wouldn’t like to miss it. Would I be locked to bed!?

Well, I know some facts about treatment of these respiratory viral infections and I will share it with you.
You see, antibiotics can't help when we are talking about viral infections. You should know that if you smoke you should definitely cut down.
You should also avoid exposure to noxious dusts or fumes.
There are some over the counter medications that could help you but you must carefully read the ingredients because there are several that have serious possible side effects.
Some of those are Dextrometorphan, Guaifenesin, Pseudoephedrine and other antihistaminic medications.