Hi, I am very concerned about my friends son. I know that because of his attention deficit hyperactivity disorder my friend has trouble organizing her life. However, in the last few weeks I have noticed that my friends sons behavior has improved. My friend says this has happened thanks to alza 54. What is alza 54?

Hi, Alza is the name of the company that manufactures the drug called Concerta. Concerta contains 54 mg of methylphenidate. This is the active ingredient that helps patients with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Concerta is designed to slowly release the active ingredient in the twelve hours period. This makes it possible for the drug to be administered ones per day. Methylphenidate can really help people with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It is also safe for children. In fact, since Concerta gradually releases the drug, it enables the children to stay focused and concentrated on their school activities and homework. The exact mechanism of action of methylphenidate is not fully understood, but it has been proven it works. And I suppose that your friend is not very interested in how the drug works. I am sure she is just pleased that it does.

I am currently taking alza 54 and i find it doesn't help me one bit

Can this drug lead to heavier drug use in the future such as cocaine and crack. i know that when a person uses Ritalin that hard drug use is a long term side effect. ùi am asking this question because my son is on Concerta for his ADHD and i dont want him to use and kind of drugs.

Cocaine is crack first of all. And you can't have a side effect of wanting to take other drugs just because you took another drug, this applies to all drugs (legal and illegal) it would be your child's own choice to take other harder drugs.

no crack and cocain are diffrent cocain is one of three ingerdients in crack

Crack and cocaine are the same.

Cocaine is a powder, crack is a rock. You smoke crack as to where you snort cocaine. They are different and have different effects.

It's funny this page went from talking about medicine to coke and crack.

actually crack is really called "Crack Cocaine," it is call this because it is less concentrated than pure cocaine. crack is diluted with baking soda as well as other harmful chemicals.

This is so so funny in a non funny way lol

there prob is a correlation between being exposed to drugs at a young age (ritilan) and future drug use, You are all dumb retarted cunts

I've been taking Ritalin, Concerta, etc since I was 5 I am now 25 and not on any hard drugs.  I really don't think their is any correlation.

Just to add on top of what was said below yes, crack is just a rock form with a couple extra bleachy hydrogen proxcyide sh*t and other forms of industrial strength cleaners, cocaine is not out of the ground there are so many unnatural fillers someone correct me if im wrong im not really into that stuff, but anyways to the point. Educate Educate Educate, dont let drugs be an elephant in the room. and do not think if your kid comes home smelling like skunk you have to take him down to the ghetto to scare him. Personally i would sit him down and see how he feels judge how much he is doing his regular twitchin of the hand/ feet having to move around all the time, if he likes it I would switch him in a heart beat, green cards are available for ADHD medication, think about really what your giving your son

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

just read whats in this stuff, I realize you probably dont want to see your son go through his childhood a pot head, but eh were not all bad. if you still bring him up right there should be no problems. It does not promote illegal activities, how often do you think people smoke a joint then do a drive by shooting? slim to none, or im so baked lets street race #shitnobodysays! this is just the opinion of a satisfied marijuana user.

Cocain is a federal schedule class 2 drug. It can be obtained in the form of crack which is rock form opposed to cocain powder. They have similar effects but can be snorted smoked or injected. Crack is often smoked and cocain is most commonly snorted