Hi. My Mom wants to have a photofacial treatment. The word rings a bell, but I don`t know anything about it. What is a photofacial treatment? What are side effects? Is it painful?

Hi. I had a photofacial treatment. It is a gentle full-face treatment, that is series of treatments, used to improve the appearance of sun damaged, or aged skin. It is also used to reduce facial and neck redness and flushing. Your Mom should have a more youthful looking skin after a photofacial treatment. Side effects are mild and temporary. They include mild blistering and bruising, post-treatment pigmentation (rarely), decrease in pigmentation (very rare) and swelling of the face. Most patients need no anesthesia. Some people with a low pain threshold, or sensitive skin can apply a topical cream before the treatment.