Hello! I am thinking about booking microdermabrasion treatment to improve the look of my skin. I have suffered from acne all my life, and had many treatments which caused scaring on my face. I would like to reduce this look. That is why I am interested in if there were any bad side effects from microdermabrasion?

Hi there! I heard that side effects from microdermabrasion are minimal and that they include temporary redness, increased sun sensitivity, dryness of the skin and bruising. However, since the treatment only removes the outer layer of the skin these side effects are rare.

Hi there,
In my opinion you have chosen the right thing. I think that your skin will benefit from this procedure. How old are you? However as everything microdermabrasion has some side effects. Potential risks that might affect your skin are redness, sensitivity and bruising. You have to understand that these are all temporary adverse effects and after short period of time they will disappear. Sometimes you will notice spots of blood on your face, depending of the skin sensitivity. One more possible thing that can happen is eye skin bruising but this only happens if you take aspirin or other blood thinners. Just tell your doctor if you take any medication.
I hope this helped a bit.