Hello!

My specs:

• I'm 34
  • I have lost 30 pounds over the last year
  • I fit into a size S now

So, slim, fairly young, and recent weight loss. I'm a mom too. I am fairly confident about my looks after the weight loss, ecstatic to fit into my pre-kid size again, and think I don't have a face I need to be ashamed of. But even after the weight loss, I still have a very noticeable double chin that I hate. After searching around some, I came across the idea of having liposuction on my double chin. It may be remnants of fat pockets that are causing it. My mom and her mom both have double chins too, and neither are overweight. 

Do you think lipo is a good option for me? This is something that truly bothers me every day so if it works, it's worth it. But does it work? Are there alternatives you could mention? 

Thank you!

This is a viable option. It costs around $1500, and is an outpatient procedure in most cases — you will not even need general anesthesia. Afterwards you have to wear a compress to promote sag-free healing for a few weeks, and then for a few more weeks at night. So aftercare is more involved than the procedure itself, and unless you work from home, you will probably want to take time off work. Many people are very happy with the results in the end, and say that their double chin is gone completely. If I had a double chin, I would consider this.

Celebrity

Hi!

I thought you might like to know that you can watch actual chin liposuction procedures on YouTube. That should give you some idea as to what is involved with the procedure, though you may find it scary? I don't know. If you don't, watch it. 

The trouble with the chin area is that exercise doesn't really reduce a double chin, so yes, chin liposuction can be a very good choice for some people. It would cost you between $1,500 and $4,000, and you'd experience some swelling, bruising and redness afterward. As Crazy already said, you have to wear a compression garment for a while. Sutures are removed after around five days.

Plastic surgeons themselves are completely open about the fact that chin lipo isn't for everyone: a sagging chin can be caused by a variety of issues. If yours is caused by fat deposits alone or primarily then yes, you may be an excellent candidate for this procedures. If your double chin is, on the other hand, the result primarily of sagging skin, then lipo may not do anything much for you and could even worsen the appearance of your double chin. The bottom line: go for a consultation saying you are unhappy with your double chin and asking what can be done about it in your situation, rather than asking for chin lipo. Another procedure may be suggested to you instead.

You could look into Ultherapy.

Ultherapy is a non-surgical procedure. Using ultrasound, the procedure allows your skin to regenerate, counteracting the effects of aging. It is used on the eyebrows and cleavages as well as on the chin and neck areas and offers a lifting effect. It is FDA approved. There is no downtime, it is a very safe procedure without the risks of side effects, and you will find it saves money compared to more invasive surgical techniques. You would probably need two treatments to achieve optimal results.

In order to find out whether Ultherapy is right for you, consult someone in your area who offers this treatment.

Good luck!

Kybella is a treatment for chin fat that was FDA approved in April this year. It works by destroying fat cells in people with moderate to severe chin fat, though it's not approved for any other areas of the body. Kybella is administered through topical injections, sometimes as many as 50 in a single sitting, which sounds scary, but clinical trials proved the treatment is safe. You may need two treatments and it can only be provided by trained professionals who are aware of the Kybella process. I have a double chin and would very much like to make use of Kybella in the future.

Hiya,

I actually recently read about this Reaction Skin Tightening procedure that's done for double chins in the UK. Not sure if it's available wherever you are, but you know, it sounded pretty interesting. It's described as some type of vacuum treatment and I saw a picture of the stuff in progress and yeah, it looked like a vacuum for the face too. The best thing is, get this, this stuff only costs like £180 for a session and you need like nine sessions to get rid of your double chin. I don't have one myself but if I did, this is what I'd be looking to get done.

I looked this up on the web, Londongirl, and all my results lead back to London. It seems that this treatment isn't currently available anywhere else yet. It's interesting though, and if it becomes popular elsewhere as well, it really seems like this treatment has potential. It works by inducing lipolysis, fat breakdown, and by increasing the blood circulation in the chin area, which is otherwise pretty much impossible to do by means of exercise. The chin area is generally stubborn. I am wondering if this treatment could have the potential to work on wrinkles as well? Thanks for posting about it, anyway, because it seems like this is something that could really help people in the future.

Hi!

I had chin lipo in Korea after giving birth to my second child. Despite having lost all the baby weight within three months, I had an enormous ugly chin that constantly assaulted my self confidence. I was seriously afraid to have pictures taken and to look in the mirror. It didn't help that I was reminded of my not so nice grandmother, who also had the same double chin. I decided to go for the surgery along with a boob job. I am very happy with the rest. Best money spent in a long time. If you can do it and your double chin bothers you, why not go for it, I say?

I am a little overweight and was fed up with my double chin. I chose tumescent lipo. This was followed by wearing a chin strap, all the time the first six days and at night for another week. Of course I did sneak some peeks even during that all-day chin strap period and it looked better right away. I was worried that my face might look different beyond the chin being gone but it didn't. It now looks fantastic, I'm the same me without the double chin and I just look healthier, younger and more defined. I do not regret it for a minute despite slight discomfort post procedure.

During the chin liposuction procedure, a think tube through which fat tissue is extracted is placed into the chin. Because it happens on a much smaller scale than most liposuction procedures, no general anesthesia is necessary and patients can usually go home on the same day. You will still almost certainly have swelling, some bruising, and some pain for which you will be prescribed pain killers the first few days. The incisions for the tube me be closed off, or you may have a drain to leave fluid to come out. You will need to return for a follow-up checkup in either cases. The procedure costs between $2500 and $5000. You do need to talk to your surgeon about the results you can expect so that you are sure you have a realistic idea of the end result. That is, chin liposuction can dramatically improve your chin contours, but you will not look completely different.

Yes, chin liposuction is a safe and effective way to remove excess fat tissue from the chin area that could not be busted in other ways. You will have bruising and swelling for around 10 days, and then you will go back to normal, with a slimmer chin. However, it sometimes happens that not all fat can be removed by liposuction and in that case, plastic surgeons will advise you to have that removed through surgery, so more traditional incision and taking it off. But the incision will be small and you will recover quickly from that also.

I am considering it myself. It beats those facial exercises like tongue presses and controlled pouting, which I have of course tried, thinking there would be no harm in trying something that costs no money. It gets boring. Really quickly. And if, after you are really fed up with it, you continue these chin exercises anyway, you will come out finding the secret. Which is, of course, that none of that works. Double chins run in my family, I hate to say. A chin lift or chin lipo is the only thing that will make a real difference. If you can afford it and feel you could benefit, why not?