Hi. I am looking for a non-surgical procedure for treatment of wrinkles around my mouth and nose. Recently, I`ve heard about Restylane (sp) and I would like to hear more about it. What are side effects of Resylane injection? I am 52 years old. Am I a good candidate for Resylane?

Hi. Restylane is FDA approved for the treatment of wrinkles on your face. Some other application of Restylane injection include lip enhancement, reducing lines around the mouth, modifying nasolabial folds and eyes and facial contouring of the cheeks and mouth. Side effects of Restylane injection are redness, bruising, swelling, mild pain and tenderness. However, Restylane is considered to be pretty safe and effective for treatment of wrinkles around your nose and mouth. You are old enough for such a procedure. You shoud be realistic with your expectations and in good physical and psychological health.