I always like to find out when someone is donating a large sum of money to a hospital. Bred Pitt and his family is donating 1 million$ to open a pediatric cancer center in Missouri hospital. They are going to name it in honor of his mother's passion for children issues. The new center will make St. John's one of six affiliates of St. Jude's Children's Research in Memphis. This means the center will be able to participate St. Jude's clinic research trials.

What do you think, why isn't there more of these donations? Why more rich and famous people don't donate this amounts of money? This can really help a lot of people.

ya rich and famous people don't donate this amounts of money,may be coz they want to be richer and richer... hey i have seen many not so rich and famous people donating money and their services..
grossly money is needed...but
its not the just the money which is important in helping people..your support,love,kindness,humanity do count too,though they are not expressed in$ :-) !!

I agree with you Madhavi, not only money is important, but all the things you have mentioned.
Here I was referring to some big projects, like this one, to create a hole new wind in a hospital. Off course individual humanitarian work can also make a lot of difference. And as you said they are not expensive at all, it is just own individual will.