Can anyone tell me how much it cost to have a hemoroid surgery in general?

Hi! It is way too expensive but most of the procedures are covered by insurance. Now, if you don’t have insurance….it could be a problem. I had a lot of problems with internal hemorrhoids….when I say a lot of problems, this means I wouldn’t want to feel like passing stool because it would take all my energy away and I wouldn’t be able to sit after passing stool for some time. The worst were the moments when I had to go when I was somewhere in public or visiting. Way too embarrassing!

Anyway, I was offered another procedure that kind of differed from traditional hemorrhoidectomy called Hemorrhoidlysis. They told me that it could be a bit more expensive than traditional one but it was also more comfortable and it was said that it even prevents hemorrhoids from reappearing, so I decided to go for that one.
First of all, there was no anesthesia and no risks associated with the surgery like bleeding and infections, and it was painless. It is done by some sort of device that places microcurrent to the base of the hemorrhoids, dissolves the veins and shrinks the hemorrhoids. It was indeed painless and I had three threatments after which I was hemorrhoids free.

Anyway, the price is $600/visit, which makes $1800. However, some people need more than 3 treatments but it is said that not more than 5 is necessary. Traditional hemorrhoidectomy costs somewhere around 1000 – 1200 dollars.

Hi, can you please tell me where you had your hemorroidlysis done? I'm having a very hard time finding a doctor that does this in the West Coast, especially in the California area. Thaks a lot.

Looks like Heather_2 didn't answer your question as to where, huh? Hope you find out, b/c it sounds better than the traditional surgery I just had 4 wks ago for my hemorrhoidectomy. Although our insurance paid for most of it, the total cost was at least $12,000. But that's here in NC, it may be more or less in other states.
The less pain & price makes Heather's suggestion look very good!

hello ,
I just had traditional hemerroid surgery in peru (of all places ),awesome treatement and great service for 500 $ ,thats including 4 days of hospitalisation. Now i'm bacck in canada and showed the work to a local doctor,he told me the work was superb..

Mine was about $15,000 in the Los Angeles area, which was covered by insurance. It was an outpatient service, so no overnight stay at the hospital was required.

It really depends on your exact location, your insurance and your healthcare provider. Just the doctor bill will run you around $1500, but then you also have to pay for the surgery center, etc.

If there are any complications, you can expect to pay a whole lot more.

I had that electrical current procedure done, too. I found it extremely painful and useless. I did 5 treatments and got no better. I don't feel this will apply to everyone, though. Mine are really bad, and I have had them for years.

I'm going in for THD/HAL Surgery in 2 weeks and the cost is Surgeon fees $1100.00 Approx. Hospital Fees $500.00 (Day surgery), Anaesthetist $300.00 Approx. hope this helps

Hello Craig 2,

Which Hospital did you go to ? My brother was told $3500 for Hospital charges only. He lives in Houston!

Hi, Wow hemorrhoid removal can certainly be expensive in the states w/o insurance. We are traveling in Northern India right now and my 22 y/o girlfriend just had her "thrombosed" hemorrhoid removed for $20. That is including medicines, hospital time, etc. I can't believe what a racket the health industry is in the US. 

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

the person from canada who had there operation done in peru. can you tell me was that in lima and what clinic would that have been . i am american and i live in iquitos . thanks

Prices basically vary A LOT.

Here are some stats:

A typical outpatient (done outside of the hospital) hemorrhoidectomy costs about $3000, but if done in hospital, it's going to cost around $6000.

An infrared coagulation costs about $500 in one session, but normally people have to undergo it 4 times, so it costs about $2000 for a full recovery.

To answer the question:

Considering all factors altogether, I'd say setting aside USD$3000 should suffice for a general hemorrhoid surgery. This is assuming that you are insured.

Remember prices vary drastically between countries, so you still need to do your research for your area.

Why not tell us where? hospital, doctor, city?

I just got one and i push it back in all day every day and anytime pressure is applied weather i go to the bathroom or walk around, it comes out and ive use suppositories, preparation H etc and it still isn't going away.. Its very small but its there and i dont like it