Hi! I had some tests and doctor told me that I have three kidneys. Also he told that is unusual, but isn’t dangerous. What do you think about that? Maybe I should remove own kidney. About 26 year didn’t know that I have three kidneys. I don’t aspect to have similar experience, but do you have some advice?

Hi! It’s difficult to understand, but you must accept. Three kidneys are part of your body. Because you haven’t health problems don’t remove kidney. You didn’t say are all kidneys working. Maybe you should go to another doctor and ask for second opinion. Don’t worry. If doctor told that isn’t serious believe him. I wish you a best!

I am a 30 year old woman who was born with three kidneys, all three are normally functioning and I have a totally normal life. I pee a little more often than most, but no one notices. You should speak with your doctor before removing one. It's common for multiple organs to get "lazy" and function as one. Besides, not many people can say they have three kidneys.

I wish i had 3 kidneys. my 1/4 kidney stopped working at 14.

i too have 3 kidneys, just means i can process more liquid quicker.

I also have 3 kidneys. All 3 are fully functional. Two are full sized regular adult kidneys. The third, sits atop of the left side kidney is a fully developed fully functional kidney, but is half the size of a regular kidney.

I have had no health issues as a result of being the proud owner of 3 kidneys.

I have 3 kidneys and uterers. I have had nothing but problems all my life. Bladder and kidneys infections left and right. Plus the reflux to where the "flaps" left the urine recirculate through the kidneys instead of "cleaning" it. Does anyone know where or whom to talk to. I am tired after 36 years of this.

OMG..I thought I was the only one..I am in constant pain w/ infections and stones. More tests next week. I have reflux along with 1 regular sized left kidney and two very small right ones. I'm 32 and after years I finally got a doc who is helping me. Very frustrating though. Nickie

****edited by moderator****

I ALSO HAVE THREE KIDNEYS-NORMAL SIZE-WITH THREE INDIVIDUAL TUBES LEADING TO BLADDER, TWO ON LEFT SIDE ONE BEHIND THE OTHER, I'VE ALWAYS BEEN HEALTHY, NO CHILDHOOD DISEASES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. I WAS TOLD THAT THE OCCURANCE IS RARER THAN RARE. I NOW HAVE SYMPTOMS OF ADDISON'S DISEASE. I'M BEGINNING TO WORNDER IF PERHAPS THIS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH HAVING THREE KIDNEYS AND ADREANAL GLANDS THAT CAN NO LONGER PRODUCE ENOUGH NATURAL STEROIDS......

hocutt wrote:

Hi! I have 2 and 1/2 kidneys. Rarer than rare! I am a 40 year old female and I just found out. Unbelievable isn't it? I just hope that my kidneys function properly as they have for the next 40 years. There is a blockage in my right kidney and I am going to see my specialist tomorrow. Hopefully all will be well.

I was having right back pain so bad i went to the ER and after an Cat-Scan i was told that i have 3 functional Kidneys. Two stacked on top of one another on the right side and one on the left side. Turns out i had a Kidney stone on the Right side. Dr's cant assume i will pass it since i have 2 kidneys on that side and now im scheduled to have it removed.. It felt wierd to hear that at first but now i feel blessed. And i guess thats why i consume and release so much fluid.. LOL!

i found out i had 3 kidneys and a duplex cpollecting system at age 2 when i nearly died due to a staphlycoccil infection . born with no appendix too, does anyone know of any regularly occuring complications that come with theses irregularities? imj 26 yrs old and other than urinary tract infections at young age have no such problems since i had my daughter at age 17, however recntly have been suffering from constantly bloated and uncomfortrable distension of the abdomen accompanied by urgency incontinence that comes and goes in periods of 4 or so wks, could this be related? im also tired alot of the time, can anyone help??????

My sister has been diagnoised with PKD for about 1 yr. Her kidneys are failing and she is on the dialysis once a day at night that she does herself. She has started the process of being qualified for the transplant list at Emory Univ in Atl, GA. But now, she's having problems with the fluid not fully flowing thru her kidneys and they think she has a bladder infection AND a blockage. They went in to do the procedure for the stents but found no blockage. HOWEVER, they did find a 3rd kidney. Never heard this before til now. She's 45 yrs old and has always had kidney, bladder, UTA infections, tests, MRIs, Ultrasounds, etc. but has never been told about a 3rd kidney. According to the Dr they will tell her in 6 days how functional it is. Is this normal, is this a sign from God?

I was born with three kidneys. I have two on the left and one full size on the right all functioning but also all have kidney stones. I also have colon problems that I think are also caused by my kidneys. My colon does not absord enough water due to I don't feel like I keep it in. I have to pee all of the time. If anyone has any advice. I would love to hear it.

I have been told that my eight year old daughter has three kidneys, all functioning and that it should pose no problems however she is still slightly incontinent, doesn't appear to respond to signals that she needs to wee and wets herself (slightly) regularly. are the two things related?