Hi, guys. I am sick of hearing about this reflexology. Please, people, do you really believe that by squeezing and pressing some points on your feet, you can really heal someone from colon cancer or arthritis? Why can’t everyone see that this is scam and nothing more? Can someone back me up?

Hi, there. I wouldn’t agree with you. No one claims that reflexology can cure serious diseases. No one said it could cure colon cancer. Reflexology is more for restoring health. It is a great technique for relieving from stress and anxiety. Maybe you can try it. Who knows. Maybe afterwards you will change your opinion. Bye!

Hello. Why do you claim that it is a scam? Do you have any proofs? I believe that you can manipulate with qi by pressing certain points on one’s feet. Of course, I don’t think that this technique can cure diseases. However, it can relieve from stress and anxiety. Since many of diseases are caused by stress, don’t you think that this would be an excellent way to prevent them? I would really like to see some proofs. Good luck! Bye!

Hi, guys. As far as I know reflexology uses qi to improve heath. Qi is some kind of life force. There is no scientific proof for qi existence. That is why I doubt you can prove anything. You can just believe or not to people’ stories. There are many people that claim that this technique has helped them. Maybe you should really try it. Tell me if you find out something new. Bye!

Hi

Reflexology is quite obviously a scam, along with loads of other things people swear are real. Such as spirituality, detoxification, acupuncture, healing crystals, etc etc etc.

If you honestly believe that reflexology is real, you need your head examined. Not by a reflexologist, mind, because they won't fix anything. But you should definitely read up some books on medicial proof and the concept of 'peer reviewed' theories.

I think the fact that not a single non-quack doctor or medical practitioner would vouch for reflexology is proof enough of its scammy nature.

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflexology#Criticism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi#Scientific_investigation
http://skepdic.com/reflex.html
http://the-reflexologist.blogspot.com/2009/04/is-reflexology-scam.html

Hi

I'm sorry that some people just believe in the western medical doctors only. I'm not saying they are wrong, there are excellent doctors around actually but in the western medicine, they need to see more than a certain number of successful case studies to support a theory so if there are not enough case studies, they just say no.

anyway, it's your decision... if you decide to shut the door to alternative medicine then that's it they will never come to you. I personally would like to be open to anything that can improve my health. Reflexology and acupuncture worked very well on my arthritis. My rheumatology doctor has arranged free acupuncture sessions for me (I'm in the UK). He believes it helps my pain management.

Here's the thing. Alternative medicine doesn't work. It just doesn't, because once it is shown to work its not called alternative medicine, its called medicine. There are no such thing as "western medical doctors", there are medical doctors. People really need to be more investigative when they look up things like this and learn to sift through the obvious logical fallacies. Anecdotal evidence and personal stories are not proof and they don't contribute to anything. If they did we would all be believing in witches, werewolves, vampires and the like. Once the practitioners actually submit some solid evidence maybe people can take a serious look at whatever it is they are trying to convince people of. A good foot massage can lead to less stress and anxiety relief which in turn may have other health benefits but I'm sorry its not going to cure you of anything that they claim.

NO, it is called Alternative, because it gives people another option to conventional medicine. Conventional medicine treats the symptoms not the problem, and it usually involves taking toxing substances to relieve those symptoms. Alternative Medicine to be more precise should be called Holistic Medicine, because it treats the body as a whole. It works on helping the body heal itself, which it CAN DO. Don't get me wrong, you do need drugs for some problems, but not all. It is also called complementary medicne. Hope this helps. I really think you should broaden your horizons and check out these natural remedies, remedies that people have used for hundreds of years and work.

It's true that there are many remedies that have been used for hundreds of years and do in fact work, but we are now able to study the causes of their effects. Many have been found to actually be doing something, while many have been proven to be mere placebos. It's sad that hard-headed anti-intellectualists continue to argue after the facts have been laid out.

Yes, immoral scam. I think you can learn how to practice it in a fortnight! Unfortunately it is easy to see how desperate people might get sucked in wgen they are seriously ill. Marketing ploys such as "I graduated from such and such a school" are just plays on the term and I think it is important that people see through this thin veneer!

justus1714 wrote:

Hi, guys. I am sick of hearing about this reflexology. Please, people, do you really believe that by squeezing and pressing some points on your feet, you can really heal someone from colon cancer or arthritis? Why can

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** I will admit that I am undecided on the whole reflexology thing but I have to say that the person who commented that only things that are considered "modern medicine" work needs a news flash.  At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, The most highly paid COE this year is John H. Hammergren of McKesson Pharmaceuticals.  Pharmaceutical companies cannot make money off of natural meds because they can not copyright nature.  No company is going to spend the money do the tests required to enable doctors to prescribe natural medication because they won't make the crazy money they make from the man-made counterparts.  It's common sense that the more drugs they can convince people to take over natural medicine/techniques the more money they make.  Sorry for the rant, but please in the future do not assume that the companies who are making crazy money off of our misfortunes are the only people who are right.

not enough case studies is clearly a proof it doesn't do anything. Why can't you see that? It's logical. I did the course on reflexology as massage therapist should be able to know and use many methods but I am very skeptical about this one. It is nice , relaxing massage which sometimes can work as placebo, nothing else I'm afraid.

I don't believe there is any tangible research  on the benefits or lack there of when massaging feet.  I used reflexology on a friend with Multiple Sclerosis.  The half hour of applying pressure to different parts of the feet with vitamin e oil obviously stimulated blood flow. Occasionally it was a bit painful and the on and off sensation of pain probably created some extra adrenalin.  Chatting for 30 minutes was also fun.  At the end my, friend always felt more energized for about 2 hours, then it was back to normal. All in all it was a helpful way of passing time and made him feel better.  

Are you really using Wikipedia as a valid source for research? I'm not even opening those. Do you know that people can add any information in Wikipedia as they please whether it is fact or fiction??

I have to disagree with you. I am a believer in reflexology. No one said it is curing diseases, but it does break up blockages in your body.

Also, this ancient practice has been around longer than going to your local doctor to pick up your prescription medication that you are on.