When I became pregnant 6 months ago, I was already addicted to opiates and was using mainly roxies. I switched to Methadone and have been taking no more than 20 mgs a day so that my baby wouldn't get hurt during my withdrawals. If you're already thinking I'm a horrible person for taking drugs while pregant, do the research please. Its way worse for the baby if I go cold turkey rather than taper. Anyway, through some research, I came across this website for a product called withdrawal ease and I was wondering if anyone has tried it. Its all natural and has many vitamins and the amino acids to help restore the endorphins that you're lost. I just don't want to spend the $90 and get ripped off. I appreciate any replies!

:-D Do not feel alone. I am addicted to opiods such as vicodin, my favorite. I was before i got pregnant as well. I went to my doctor and told him that I had to detox because I am pregnant. He gave me Vistaril, for the pain and shakes. I took it three times a day for a week and then 2 times a day for another week. And finally i took 1 a day for two weeks. I was finally feeling better the third week. The first week was the worst, but i made it for my baby. If i can do ,then you can too! Vistaril has a generic, so the price, even without insurance is $4 at walmart. Try to find a free clinic, tell then what i have said and maybe they will give you a prescription. DON'T GIVE UP! DON'T GIVE UP! YOUR BABY WAS GIVEN TO YOU BECAUSE YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF HIM/HER. GOD TRUSTED YOU. AND THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO GET FOREVER CLEAN! I HAVE RHUEMATOID ARTHRITIS. I HAVE TO HAVE MY PILLS TO GO THROUGH THE DAY! I LEARNED LIFE CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE. i hope you can take what i said to heart and if there is anything i can do for you personaly, i will ne here.

I'm skeptical that this drug even works. I went to the website for you and it's an herbal medicine and here's what it says on the disclaimer which is really, really long.

This site and the product have not been reviewed by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. Although most content is written by myself, I have used several credible resources in order to establish and comment on specific details of withdrawal and opiate addiction including: The CDC, The NIH and the DEA. When a specific source or a passage from a published account has been used, I will cite it. Mostly though, it is the combination of many hours of research as well as talking with experts in the field and my own experiences with opiate addiction and withdrawal.

So first of all it's not even tested by the FDA! He can claim it works but he has no proof.

Withdrawal-Ease Opiate Withdrawal Natural Supplement System ® is indicated for people who are taking narcotic pain killers without -or contrary to- the advice of a doctor. This product is not meant for people who are taking narcotic pain killers in compliance with a physicians’ orders due to a chronic illness, acute injury, chronic pain or for another legitimate medical issue. If you wish to discontinue legitimately prescribed opiate pain killers please see your prescribing physician before taking this or any other product for your withdrawal symptoms.

And he says that even though his product works, you should see a physician. I think you're better off just doing that anyway!

The information on this site is intended as a reference only and not as medical proof. The information on this site is intended to help you make informed decisions about the effectiveness of the product and lucid decisions about your health. This site and the product sold on this site is not intended to be a substitute for any treatments or addiction-management programs currently prescribed by your licensed physician.

So the site is not a substitition for any sort of addiction? Well, it looks like as a product it doesn't work. I think I would rather talk to my doctor about it. Does this help?

Don't waste your money. There's no magic bullet to relieve withdrawal symptoms. Follow your physician. Catapres (clonodine) is another medicine which helps with withdrawal. It doesn't eliminate it (only another opiate will do that) but it does ease some of the bad symptoms. It is a blood pressure medicine and you have to have your pressure monitored that it doesn't get too low. These herbal remedies just don't work. If they did, believe me, it would be well known. A lot of these herbal "remedies" purposely charge a lot of money ($90) because people believe that if it's expensive, it must work. Don't fall for that. Follow your doctor's instructions and you should be ok. Good luck.

ms215 wrote:

That was the impression I had gotten when I investigated some of these products. I think that it's unfortunate because people getting off any sort of substance are desperate to do so and so they will shell out money for almost anything even if it doesn't work. I think it's pretty sad because getting off a substance and sometimes it's simply a matter of will. Have you gotten off any substances or anything like that, ms215? Thanks for your input!

First of all, I take nutritional supplements occasionally and those disclaimers are the same on any product I have seen. I am pretty sure the FDA doesn't regualate any natural supplements. I actually have a friend who became addicted to vicodin after a back surgery. She had tried to go through withdrawal several times but gave up due to all of the discomfort. I felt HORRIBLE for her because she was DESPARATE to get off of all of the pills. She tried withdrawal ease and it really helped her. Of course, withdrawal still happened and she didnt feel great but she did get through it and is now pain-killer free. She felt like without the withdrawal ease, she would have given up again most likely. I think it is defintely worth trying based on her experience.

I was wondering about the same thing, this withdraw-ease, I ran across it today and was looking for reviews of it. I have a lot of people asking me for natural supplements to help detox with. I'm a drug counselor and some people are really into the natural thing.
I know some things help, like 5-htp, helps with depression and endorphin production, but thats just one part of helping a person to get back to normal after being on opiates for long periods of time. The damage opiates do to a persons brain is bad, and sometimes it's just going to take time to help it, but maybe somethign else can help balance the swing of emotions during that time. right?

Well, there is no magic cure. If there was, everyone would be on opiates because there would be no consequnces. Believe me, I was desperate enough to waste my money on Withdrawl Ease...and it was a WASTE OF MONEY! It did not help at all. I was on Suboxone for 6 months after being on anything I could get my hands on for a year and it was pure hell. To be very honest, Suboxone withdrawl was worse than oxy for me. Not physically, but mentally by far. Maybe it's because when I withdrawled from oxy I had no idea what was to come, obviously I didn't learn though, cause I was back on it after 50 days..thus my suboxone story. The people who make withdrawl ease pray on people's desperation to not go through withdrawl, they know how desperate addicts like us are. They are even smart enough to say it won't take the withdrawl pains completely away but could help up to 20%. Not true, I used withdrawl ease as directed for all thirty days and it was pure hell. I'm over 100 days now and it is still hard. I hate to be a buzz kill, but you just got to stick it out. It's one day at a time and each day is easier...it really is. The first 4-5 days of sub. withdrawl are the hardest physically and mentally. You get out of the desperation and crying and fear after the 4th night or 5th day...at least for me. Mentally, it takes 3-6 months, depending on how long you have been using and what. Plus is doesn't hurt to go to meetings and do the steps...you really have to fill that void of why you took the drugs in the first place. I hope all of this rambling helps and makes sense....if anyone ever needs any encouragement whatsoever feel free to respond. tks, and you can and will get through it...
Derek Laughlin

I myself now know 4 people that have used Withdrawal Ease and it really them. I think that even if it didn't work for you Derek, it doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone. Suboxone is very tough to get off of for sure. How do you know that your experience getting off of Suboxone was worse using Withdrawal-Ease than not? It would seem that the process would be Hell regardless of what you took.

Withdrawl-Ease helped the people that I know. It didn't help them completely but it definitely helped all of them to various degrees. However, only one of them was on Sub and he even admitted that he didn't have much to base his experience on.

Regarding your Suboxone withdrawal... Suboxone needs to be tapered sloooowly over many many months and you may have not tapered properly. When we're talking slowly we're talking possibly a reduction of 1mg per month; possibly .5mg. Many of you might not know that Suboxone's other main active ingredient is in fact NARCAN. Yes, that's the drug that ER clinicians use to help people detox rapidly from heroin overdoses. Narcan has a habit of clinging to opiate receptors with tenacity. That means that the withdrawal is prolonged on Sub as it is on Methadone. Sorry to hijack the subject but I thought those points on Sub were worth mentioning.

You are not wrong Shopgirl, I did taper off over the course of a few weeks and not months. I know it's suppossed to be a very long taper. It might of been worse without Withdrawl Ease who knows...i can't imagine it being worse, but I never really want to be in a position where i have to be using it again anyway. :-D

I am glad you are doing so much better! It is a rough road, keep it up :) Suboxone is a real beast. By the way, I meant to say that Withdrawal-Ease really helped the people that I know but somehow left that out in my post above!

I never knew much about nutritional supplements but I recently did some research about them for my anxiety (Fish Oil apparently works quite well!) and now I'm a believer if the product is of good quality. There are definitely some charlatans out there but as we all know the pharma industry has some of their own. Anyways, since I knew some people who were successful on Withdrawl Ease, I figured it would be good to provide a counter point. Whatever works for the individual I suppose.

withdrawal ease def. is not a magic bullet but does help alot!!! i came off 60mg methadone a day cold turkey and used withdrawal ease to help .it did nothing the first week or so but after the worst of the withdrawals it def. seemed to help. i was able to sleep at night and didn't feel as bad as most during the day. i would recomend it for most it gives you the vitamins your body needs to kick opiates and will ease some of the withdrawals!!

fargo,

how did the withdrawal ease help with the cold chills/sweats? I find not being able to regulate my tempurature is the absolute worse of all these withdrawal symptoms. I am on most of all of the herbal supplements that are in withdrawal ease, but i dont have cayenne which evidently is supposed to help the cold chills.

last year I went cold turkey off of 50mgs of methadone and didnt have a damn thing to help me get through it, nothing. so i do think all of these supplements are helping slightly. But i believe we are all different and if we convince ourselves that a product will or wont work, we will be right. also, i think that going through the total discomfort and hell of withdrawal has to be experienced as an incentive to not get back on the stuff, or else where is the consequence of it all? I know thats harsh and it doesnt help any of us want to get off this c**p. my incentives are my daughter, and getting back to where my relationship with my husband was at when we were both off this c**p. It was as if we were dating again, and weve been together for 20 years, it was so great, and i had to go f***k it up again by getting back on this delusional b******t, i cant figure out why i am so distructive. i am rambling.

Really did that stuff help the cold/hot chills at all? I found that benadryl helps me sleep pretty good, not great, but good. wish i wouldve known that last time.

I've heard of withdrawal ease but haven't heard any rave reviews. Some of the ingredients in it would seem to help, however I think there are natural alternatives better formulated with similar but more effective ingredients I would recommend. It's def not a waste of money, but I would do some more research on your alternatives. And just because it is not FDA approved means nothing. No dietary supplements need to be FDA approved. Go look at 5 Hour energy or any product in GNC. It's just a disclaimer. Hope this helps.

Hello everyone I have read through the various posts on this topic and what I saw is just what I would expect. Everyone reacts differently to remedies and not everyone will like the medication they have taken. I personally went through a methadone clinic and found it to be pretty easy to detox. It was no walk in the park of course but compared to a cold turkey approach it was night and day. I never knew about withdrawal-ease until after I was clean but I wish I had. I took a lot of natural supplements to ease my symptoms and was pleased with the results. To get all of those herbs in a single pill would have been a god send. I spent more on other supplements than a month of withdrawal-ease would have cost me. There is also a unique quality that comes with withdrawal ease and that is the body cleansing properties. Now you can take supplements that cleanse your body but they are not all the same. Also when you are taking all the supplements individually the doses are not always right.

Anyways the bottom line is anything that will help even if it is only mentally will make a world of difference. Taking things like suboxone and methadone can be a lifetime thing for some people because they themselves are opiates and are just as addicting. I wish everyone a safe and happy detox and I have built a website that covers these natural remedies and withdrawal-ease as well so if you would like some more information on this topic come by it may just help you. ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed