I had unprotected sex on the second day of my period. He pulled out, and it's been a heavy period so I was probably fine, but I was nervous so we went and got plan b. I took it right away, so I took it within, three, maybe less, hours after we had sex. I woke up this morning and my period has all but stopped. I suppose that could be just that my period tends to go heavy for two days or so then slow up and almost stop, then come back and finish till the end of the week, but I wondered if it might also have something to do with plan b. Can it 'stop' your period if you take it while you're actually *on* your period? I'm a little nervous because everything I read seems to suggest it should have increased the bleeding, not stopped it.

Whenever I took Plan B, my periods would go comepletely out of whack for one month by delaying it, then I'd bleed heavier when it started, and then my periods would reset itself after that. Any abnormal change in your period I'd blame on Plan B.

It has a lot of hormones in it, and if it can delay mine, then it can probably temporarily stop yours. Have you taken it before? If so, did you have a similar reaction?

No, this is the first time I've taken it. I spotted all day, but I was cramping pretty bad. I'm half expecting it to be really heavy tomorrow, since that seems to be what's happened to the few people I've come across that have taken it while actually on their period, but I'm hoping someone will post here who's had a similar experience.

Either way, I appreciate your post, glad I'm not the only one thrown off by the pill :-p

Update--no bleeding this morning. Admittedly, I'm a little nervous. Maybe this period is just over and I have to wait for my next one?

This pill *is* pretty reliable, right?