Hi! I have sudden hearing loss (SHL). Doctor thinks that is autoimmune hearing loss, and he thinks that best therapy for me prednisone. Does anyone have similar experience? Can prednisone help?

Hi! I have same problem as you. I use prednisone three week. I have some improve. Doctor recommended me prednisone 1mg/kg/day for 4 weeks. I read something about that issue. This is what I know. Sudden hearing loss is a medical emergency for which definitive diagnosis and treatment is still largely unknown. Treatment for autoimmune hearing loss is controversial and widely varied from doctor to doctor. The general consensus is that steroids are effective and should be used. Also you should know that prednisone have some side effects. Talk with your doctor about that.

I have dealt with shl 5 times in 3 yrs..40mg of pred for 5 days has worked in the past. This time it seems my right is not recovering.

used this and still did not work. i hear better laying down than when i sit up thats when i right ear seems plugged.

i have same issue - when lying down is better. But when i stand - within 30 seconds i have plugged fealing like a cotton ball.