My mother suddenly lost her hearing when she was ill. She said it attacks only one ear but she’s afraid it could attack bought. She never had any known ear illnesses before so I would like to ask you is it possible that sudden hearing loss affect both ears?

Sudden hearing loss is typical for one ear, but in some cases it can attack both ears. In cases when person is ill you can notice you can’t hear well out of one or both ears but cases can be different. Is can happened that she had this hearing loss just because she had a cold which will disappear when cold goes away or is this sudden hearing loss caused by a virus attacking your inner ear? But no matter what causes it, if hearing loss affects both ears the best solution is to ask for medical help.

Is there any alternative with out prescibing Hearing Aid to recover the Hearing loss. My son, aged `4 yrs, abt 2 yrs back came with school having a complaint of Hearing loss both ear. Finally, approched Doctor thereby prescibed certain steriod, which response litle there by cause side effects like tht of fatness. Doctor stopped it. Refered to Speaching Hearing they inturn reffered for Hearing Aid. Left Ear is complete dead & Right responsive. Any how, fed up with the Hearing Aid, son removed. Thereby certain ancient averdic acupuncturing done to reactive the in active neve( Ear Drum is fine as reflected by Doctror). This exercsise helps a litle bit to recover the improvement.
Now, my question is- Is such practice, exercise to rejevnite the nerve will help to re gain the hearing loss? Is there any treatment(with out Hearing Aid-not want to go for chclar inplantation) available to regain the loss Hearing? kindly help in this matter.

OMG DO NOT GO ON STERIOD. THAT WAS THE WORST THING MY PARENTS EVER DID FOR ME. I was on it 5 times a day for over a year and I was only 10 years old. I had gained 100lbs then and my body got marks all over it that people thought i had a baby by the time i was 11 because of these marks. I have nerve damages in both of my ears which I can lose hearing at anytime if anything happen to my ear drums. my doctor told me I would lose my hearing by the time I was 13 years old. And now I am 25 and my hearing is still the same as I was when I was 12 years old. It have not gone down or gone up. If your son have nerve damage DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE EAR DRUMS. because the nerve in the ears what heal a normal person ear drums. but since there is no nerve or whatever, there is nothing to repair it and will cause the lost for good.
I been on a salt free diet, and soiduim free diet since I was 10 years old. It help and kept everything normal for me.
If you go with steriod, U need to know that your son will gain weights, his body will be mess up and it might only bring a little or none hearing back up a bit. but not heal anything.

As being fed up with hearing aids, It just something you have to be on about wearing and etc. I know growing up and when i first started with hearingaids, I had done anything I could not to wear them, I had lost them in the sands, thrown them in the toilet, step on them, thrown them out the window when my parents was driving. and That is all becuase I was young and I didnt know what they were and did not like them.
But it is a life time thing to deal with, and believe it or not, the kid will get use to them and you should really think about learning and having him learn sign language as well. There is nothing you can do to HEAL this, there is nothing wrong with having hearing aids or even colclear implant. however, Most doctors wont allow someone to get colclear implant until their hearing is less than 10% or so. I been trying to get it done since I was 20 years old. but my hearing is not down enough. I have 20% in one ear and 25% in my other ears. with my hearing aids, but without hearing aids I am fully deaf.
I lost my hearing at the age of 3 years old. I was born with perfect hearing.