Hello everyone. I have problems with hearing loss for few last months. It becomes more and more frequent as time passes by, so I’ve decided to go and see doctors. I was wondering how sudden hearing loss is diagnosed. What is the procedure I’ll be exposed when I went to a hospital?

Don’t worry sudden hearing loss can be examined. The standard evaluation of a patient who comes in hospital with the complaint of a hearing loss is to obtain a formal hearing test. After you describe your symptoms, the doctor will ask you if anyone in your family has had (or has) hearing loss. Also he want to know if you have been exposed to loud noises, trauma of the ear or head, or ear infections which can be cause hearing loss. Than he’ll do some hearing test and if the results of your ear exam suggest that you have hearing loss, your doctor will refer you to an audiologist.