I just have a question. I have always had my cycle right on time, and me and my husband are trying to get pregnant. So we had intercourse on the days when I knew that I was ovulating. I am now 7 days late and I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I think I might have a bladder infection and just want to know if that would effect the test results of the home pregnancy test that I took. Please let me know.

hi i stumbeld across ur post i was woundering if u had a reply to this that would answer your questiong if so please email me at ****

**this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

thank you

Though I am not a doctor or an expert, I do know that I went to the doctor, and had the doctor test me for both a bladder infection, and pregnancy (I was over a week late for my period). I told him I had previously used a home pregnancy test (during my bladder infection) and that it came out negative, but I came to the doctor to test me for pregnancy again, just to make sure. They tested me and I was indeed, not pregnant, but I did, have a bladder infection.
I figure, since my doctor was conducting both tests at the same time, he would know if one would interfere with the other, and obviously make me aware also.
As for your period being late, stress, exercise and many other factors can make your period late, or even skip all together.
So Long story short-- no, i don't think a bladder infections effects home pregnancy tests.

where u pregnant then kardwes  x