Hi, my grandmother starts to act aggressive when we prohibit her to go out by herself. She is acting foolish lately and she is very forgetful, she is taking drugs for dementia. Is dementia connected to aggression?

Hi, my grandfather also becomes aggressive if he is not allowed to do something he believes he can do. Doctor confirmed us that aggression is more likely in a demented patient. It is usually situational and occurs in response to confrontation or fear. Dementia can be considered as a general impairment of intelligence, memory and personality, in clear consciousness. It can occur at any age but mostly elder people are affected. It is seen more frequently in women, because they live longer. My grandfather is taking rash, foolish decisions, and acts like the stereoptypical "silly old woman", but you should be aware that he can act aggressively.

I am here seeking help for my grandmother, and I found your post. I know it has been a couple years now, but I was wandering how things are going ? Have you found any helpful information ? My grandmother just found out that she had dementia, so we are unsure what to do. She is on medication, but I am hoping to find a natural way to really help her. I found a juice that may help her, but we are just starting the juice now, so we are not sure how it will go. If you have any suggestions, or anyone else reading this, I would love some great feedback. My grandmother is always tired and has no energy what so ever. Christmas was terrible for her, because she felt terrible. She needs help.
God Bless