I am having extreme difficulties to help my brother. He is 25 years old and it looks like he is suffering from a schizoid disorder. He was always acting a bit weird and now we know it is due to his illness. I am so afraid that he will always stay like this – no emotions, no aggression and no joy showed, simply nothing!

Schizophrenia is a very complex condition, it affect almost all psychological functions, so there is a thinking disturbance, speech coherence is lost, sometimes there are hallucinations, paranoia, loss of will, sexual drive, no desire for social connection and many more. If you want to help your brother, you will have to take him to the doctor so that the therapy will start immediately.

What the original poster is describing is Schizoid Personality Disorder, not Schizophrenia. A little web research will reveal that the personality disorder will not devolve into Schizophrenia.

The origianal poster should learn to respect boundaries and stop being so controlling. The brother does not have to emotionally respond to ANYTHING. If the brother is not joyous enough for the poster then the poster should share joy with someone else. If the brother is not upset when the poster is upset then good for the brother in not allowing the poster's emotions to control him. The original poster needs to get over the brother's non-problem and deal with his or her own issues.