Can you tell me which would be better as depression treatment – saint john’s wort or Zoloft? I have realized that my depression is slowly getting out of hand and I have to do something about it. And unfortunately, that means I have to take some medications for it. I just hope that I can deal with it with herbal meds, not chemical products…

Well, St. John’s Wort is an example for herbal meds, while Zoloft is that heavy drug, which you are afraid of, it seems. Anyway, I would recommend you to try with St. John’s Wort for a start, perhaps it will help (it can deal with some moderate depression cases). And if not, you can always turn to those unwanted medications. But, I assume you will consult your doctor before that.

Hello there,

Somehow I believe that you haven’t consulted your doctor about this matter and that you are trying to deal with your depression on your own. I believe in this because I am also type of person who is avoiding heavy medications and I am trying to heal myself (even when common flu is in question) using natural remedies and herbal teas and medications based on herbs.

But depression can have serious consequences and maybe it is time to consult your doctor just to see where you at and than you can decide what you should do next. By the time you will probably have to increase dosage of medications but you shouldn’t do this on your own.