I have has anxiety problems for a long time now and I need downer pills to function normally. Unfortunately, while they do work for the anxiety, they have undesired side effects like a general lack of ability to feel - anything. I am now thinking about switching to herbs instead. Any advice? Anyone?

I am prone to depression and have been on zoloft in the past. Now, I have been using St John's Wort for two years and it works just as well in managing my depression as the zoloft did, and is a lot more natural, as well as cheaper. I would recommend it to anybody with depression issues, and I think you may benefit from it as well.

You could try 5-HTP or suntheanine, both are supplements. Possible passion flower or valerian root works well for anxiety.

I don't find that anything else apart from benzos work for my anxiety.

I think if your anxiety is mild, some herbal remedies could be of help, however, if you suffer a lot from it, then stick to your pills. You shouldn't withdraw abruptly from them and consult your doctor before doing ANYTHING, lots of herbal products don't mix well with certain types of medication.