Hi, folks. My wife has been changing her moods lately. I really don’t know what is wrong with her. As far as I know, she doesn’t have stress at work or home. I would like to help her. Are there any herbs that could be used for depression and anxiety? I would appreciate if you could recommend me something.

Hello. Mood disorders are quite often in the psychiatry. In its severe form, we talk about bipolar affective disorder also known as manic depressive psychosis. St. John’s Wart is good for this purpose. Licorice is good for anxiety. However, I don’t recommend you experimenting with these herbs. You should first talk to your wife. Try to find out what bothers her. Let her see that you support her and that she can rely on you. I hope you’ll succeed. Bye!

Hey ppl ... im a depression sufferer and have anxiety issues on and off. Sometimes im very good and some days I feel Bad. I tried out Omega 3 suppliments fish oil , and Vitamin B complex for the nervous system... which at least i find some relief in them . I dont take any medications for my condition. These supplements help at least to east the vertigo and dizziness which is very annoiying especially in the mornings and during the day ... hope it helps

Take care

Gil 31 from Malta
xxx

st. johns wort. you can get at vitamin store, shouldnt be taken with pharmaceuticals.
tryptophan (5-HTP) and enzyme that increases seratonin (a feel good neurotransmitter)
deplin. its a pharm and otc only. its a new drug on the market so its expensive even if you have insurance. however, what it really is is a super high dose of folic acid.... which increases dopamine.

anxiety... you could try kava kava (as long as she isnt pregnant since there are some contraindications, id suggest a tincture that way you can drop it in water or any other beverage.