Was hospitalized because i had salmonella food posioning, after 5 days of being sick i called my doctor and he said its not a bug and to immediatly go to the hospital because i kept fainting, throwing up bile, and constant diarriah.I had salmonella for 11 days straight. Ive been on cipromaxflin for two weeks now two tablets a day, i was fine for a while and then two days ago i got food posioning AGAIN! I got it again after being on the antibiotics for two weeks, and im still on them!.I have severe pain all in my face now and I no longer know what to do with myself and doctors arent helping me. anyone have any advice? or is there anyone out there that can help :-) :-)

just to give some suggestion
i had try some useful product for this health problem
it's call life cleanness, it's made from made from 100% natural vegitables & fruits
content of 15 type of ingredients include

wheat grass
apple fibre
inulin
soya protein
lemon powder
psyllium husk
spinach powder
oat fibre
spirulina
guar gum
aloevera powder
citric acid
chlorophyll
crystalinefructose
oil palm powder.
maybe it's helpful for you,thanks

hey erika,

well how did you get food poisioning again?

it could be because of the anti-biotics as they kill other bacteria in your gut as well as the ones causing your infection. this lead to diarrhea and yeast infections. i would start taking probiotics like acidophillus and lactobacillus as well as eat ACTIVE cultured yogurt as that too will replace the normal flora in your gut and should help you feel better.

also make sure to keep drinking plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated. gatoraid or something with electrolytes are good if you are not eating so that way you dont depleat your electorlts with water which if they are diluted enough it can be fatal.

you'll be fine. 8)

Thanks guys! They dont know exactly how i got food poisioning. I think i got it from either a chinese resturant or a bbq i was at. I had sypmtoms of the flu for days but was mistaken and then had to go to the hospital because of the pain in my stomache and having everything constantly come up and not stop. I actually have been taking an acidophillis almost everyday with the cipro. I really think i ate somethin bad again but it was very mild this time because the antibiotics knocked it out of my system. i finished the antibiotics yesterday but still have severe stomacheaches .My doctor never ever told me what to do when she prescribed the antibiotic for me so i ate whatever i wanted to. No one told me i had to be on a strict bland diet , and how was i supposed to know? Im going monday to do another stool sample to see if i caught something else. By any chance also, do you know how I could build my immune system? what doctors I can go to etc. Thanks!!!

hey there,

wel Vitamin C helps strengthen your immune system reducing stress and getting adequate sleep about 8 hours per night and eating a balanced diet all help.

ive done that all! doctor has begun to think vitamins just dont work for me. believe me im a health freak. eat organic and took vitamins evryday they just dont work. i sleep 9 at least 9 hours a night. it doesnt work. thanks for the advice tho!

hmmm that is odd..... how are you feeling now> are you still on antibiotice?

tell me about it! its VERY odd. just finished antibiotics, stomach is actually going crazy! im feeling a little better but not so much, still feel sick.

hmmm i would continue to eat healthy, get good sleep, reduce stress (if possible XD) and keep taking probiotics for a while just to see if your stomach needs so time to get balanced and adjusted agagin. i would stay away from sweets spicy foods beer ect... or at least dont eat/drink much as these tend to cause more stomach upset.

if things take a turn for the worst you can always go back to your dector but i would just give it a little time 8)

i totally agree with biomajor'10.
But a most important factor u guyz forgot to add is WATER :S. Im sure, you all would be thinking what does the food poisoning have to do with water. Well i had a similar experience and trust me...i got into this water therapy method which one of my friends had suggested to me ...basically drink a lot of water to clear your system...i mean A LOT....and eat fruits and boiled veggies...but nothing fried or spicy.....soup can be counted as well....in a week i was completely healed....basically what it does is clear what ever is caught up in ur stomach....well if this basic technique doesn't work then u can sue me :-P....[but trust me, it does work] Water is simple, plain and translucent but its has a lot of medicinal healthy values that most of you wont noe about..anywayz....erika ,i hope that this peace of advice helps you...and you get well soon :-D

Hi guys!! thanks for all your help. I actually saw a new doctor today, did blood work again which i know will be normal! He thinks that the salmonella never got treated correctly because the doctor I saw had put me on an antibiotic that wouldnt of really worked. Im so young but he thinks I have Gasteritous, and i might of possibly developed CDIFF from all the antibiotics :-( MY mother has it also from being on so many antibiotics frm lyme disease. Biomajor I also bought a new probiotic of livin g acidolpolis that is refrigerated. Seems to be helping my stomach a little.

He gave me prilosec which didnt really work and donnatel which im going to try tomorrow cause its too late at night. If i do have cdiff or if the salmonella is still in me were gonna try Flygal read up on it a little bit. saw some good responses and some bad. Im just hoping for the best!

Robert I drink TONS AND TONS of water daily. I'm a water girl :-) Like 6 Water Bottles a day. I've recently discovered these HUGE water bottles with electrolytes from Trader Joes, They taste no differnt and are cheapo! Ive been doing soup and a bland diet.

What happened to you robert you had caught salmonella as well??

Thanks so much for the responses guys! its always good to get other opionions! :-P