Hello, good people. I am little concerned since my son has some stomach symptoms that looks like they come from Salmonella food poisoning. I would be very grateful if anyone could tell me something more about this condition. I will appreciate it a lot. Thanks for all the help, guys. Bye!

Hi, there. You should’ve mentioned your son symptoms, so I could be of greater assistance. Salmonella is bacteria type that can be found in food such as poultry, water, unprocessed meat and milk, eggs, etc. It attacks intestines, but it can also produce toxins. Children and elderly people are more sensitive to this type of bacteria. The most important symptoms are diarrhea, headaches, fever, nausea and vomiting, cramps in stomach… Sometimes blood can be found in feces, although it is more characteristic for other bacteria types. The main danger is possible dehydration. If diarrhea continues for more than 24 hours and if it is serious, you should contact a doctor. It is important to keep your hygiene on high level. Bye!