Two weeks ago I had a food poisoning. I never felt that way before, it was terrible. After that, I can't eat anything. Every time I have to eat I am really scared. I get this feeling like I am losing control. I don't want it to happen to me again. What is wrong with me?

It is normal for you to have that kind of reaction after food poisoning. You are scared that it might happen again and you want to avoid it by not eating anything. Believe me, that is not the answer. You need to deal with your problem and your fear. You need to go to your doctor to get examined. Only your doctor can diagnose you. It seems to me that you are feeling anxious when it comes to food now. And this is not so unusual. You have gone through a painful procedure of pumping out your stomach and now you are scared. This feeling is now associated with the food. You feel like if you eat something that you will not be able to control what will happen next. You don't want to go through food poisoning again. However, it is unlikely that you will be poisoned by food twice in a short period of time. I say it is unlikely because I imagine that you are being more careful now. You need to relax. Don't allow this to control your life. If you feel like you can't help yourself, contact your doctor.

i got food posioning too and i was scared. what i did was perpare my own food and bleached all counters and washed my own dishes and put them in a spot that no one else used. this helped alot because i knew what i ate and used. i also took a servSafe class and learned everything there is to know about food safety. you take that class and you will be very knowledgable about food safety and preperation.

That's good advice ! I feel afraid too cause I ended up in the ER and it was a bad experience . I've had food poisoning before but not like this ! I'm afraid cause it happens a lot to me and it's not like I go to shady places. I want to eat but don't know where to start and I'm sick of the BRAT diet and I get pains in my stomach still so it's a reminder :( that doesn't make moving forward easy .