48 hoursafter my 10 mo. old daughter got flu shot she came down with salmonella poisoning. Can this be related? :'(

I’m sorry your baby got sick, hope she doing better by now. There is really no connection between salmonella poisoning and flu shot, because salmonella infection is caused by bacteria and flu is caused by flu virus. Salmonella bacteria are usually hidden in food, so you should look into what your daughter have eaten or had for a drink in about a day or two before infection that could have been contaminated in any way. I know that time fits with that of a flu shot, but it’s impossible that shot is the cause, unless she hasn’t swallowed something when she was out of the house.

Yes. Flu shots are grown in eggs and thus can be contaminated with salmonella. Flu shots contain many ingredients and can become contaminated. Always report adverse reactions to CDC getting the manufacturer name and batch number from your doctor.

My baby got sick 24 hours after the flu shot was given to her. She was 12 months at the time. On a vegetarian diet and had no contact with meat or raw veggies. She got the salmonella. I KNOW It came from the flu shot. Don’t let people talk you out of it being impossible