Hi there, I am a guy who is 18 years old and I have one question. I am curious to know if a person can be allergic to some kind of food. I am not allergic to food, and I hope that it will stay that way, but I really don't know the answer. Is it truth that a person can be allergic to virtually everything? I hope that I will hear my answer pretty soon.

Hello there. Of course that you are right. You can be allergic to everything. I even heard a story about one guy who couldn't drink water. He was drinking beer instead. About the food: someone is allergic to sweets like chocolate or something. I must say that this would be a real tragedy in my case. Well that is about it.

All my life the day I was born I can not eat anything that has sugar in it.. nor fruits... my body will not accept it... I have always envyed the ppl who can eat sweets.. I was born not to eat anything that has a sweet taste to it.. including vegetables too.....
I'm not sure if anyone is like me, but I am different.

people are often allergic to things they paricualrly like. probably something to do with endofrphins but no one is quite sure ..

That sounds a little unusual. Do you have a study on that showing that people develop allergies to foods that they like? I don't think I'd ever heard that and I'm curious to hear more about it because I don't think I know anything about it. I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

it seems really strange, I know. I read something about it many years ago .. and when i used to work as an allergy therapist (using kinesiology) I often found it to be true. In fact i always used to ask people what they particularly liked and made sure I tested those things.

It's supposed to be something to do with endorphin production, I think - allergic reactions produce a surge in endorphins and people get addicted to the endorphin rush. I have written some articles about it but I don't think the rules of the forum allow me to post links to those.

I can perhaps do a google search on it. I am curious just because if you get addicted to the endorphin rush though, wouldn't that mean that you're just addicted to endorphins instead of creating an allergy? If you have an idea, I'd like to know out of curiousity! Thanks :-)