Hi, I thought that I would share my experience here. I had an anterior 2 level fusion C4/5 C5/6 using bone from my hip. I am 47 and have struggled with neck/shoulder/arm pain, and numbness in both hands for several years with some relief from steroid injections, physical therapy, massage, etc, but nothing was working in the end.

After the surgery on 2/1/07, I gained immediate relief with none of the pain that I had before. To be sure, I had pain in my hip from where bone was taken but that has subsided and is not a problem now. I do have some numbness when I sleep but I think that is due to the position of my spine when sleeping. It goes away when I adjust my position.

I wear a bone stimulator 4 hours a day which I don't see that many are using. If you are not familiar with it, the device creates an electromagnetic field around the neck. Studies have shown that this increases the success rate of broken bones healing, fusions, etc. We will see.