I am looking for people that have had fusions of the cervical spine.  Would like to share and compare stories and insights.:-)

I had an add on fusion C-4/C-5 to the C-5/6.  It was difficult recuperating.  Anyway, I have right eye pain of the severest magnitude which I never had before.  I went for physical therapy after the surgery about 3/4 months later and after the pt worked on me I noticed my eye would start to hurt every time I drove home.  It only got worse and now I also had head pain.  What does anyone think?

Cindy Ambros wrote:

I had one in 2nd December, 2011.  ***this post is edited by
moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed***
Please read our Terms of Use

I had bone fusion at C5/6 done in 1996 and again C4/5 Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fustion 3 months ago. He he, still survived.

angkhris wrote:

Cindy Ambros wrote:

I had one in 2nd December, 2011.  ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private phone numbers not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

acdf on c5 12/27 11. Felt relief was doing awesome. For the last month everything is returning pain weakness spinal headaches. What is goin on. Seen dr today go for mri and xrays mon and back to dr wed. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on? I did have 3 other discs minumlly bulhed at last mri 10/11. Any insights would be appreciated. So frustrated now.

I have had cervical anterior, posterior decompression & fusion & would not recommend this to anyone. I did get a staff infecton, my neck is stuck forward like a bird, the pain is worse. It feels like the rods & screws are sticking in me & out of me. I was cut open 3 times because of the infection & had to have a wound vac & home care for 3 months, They can`t seem to tell me if the cadavera bone is fusing. The pain seems worse that is in my shoulders,going down my arms & fingers seem more numb - pinky & ring. could go on & on!!!

I had surgery fusion and decompression for C-5, C-6 4 weeks ago. The pain is worse than before I had the surgery. I keep asking myself if this will ever go away. I am scared of what I am going to have to live with the rest of my life. I hate not being able to do anything and if I do a little housework I and in extreme pain. I am looking for someone to relate to how I feel and maybe give me some advice. Thanks