Hi, my wife had unsuccessful cervical fusion. She has constant pain and no fusion. Did it happen to any of you?

Hi, I had the same problem. I expected to feel better after cervical fusion surgery, but I didn’t. My neck movements were very painful, and they still are. If I understood well, this fusion is actually locking vertebrae together and stabilizing them. I guess this is what they failed to do. I had anterior fusion, which means that a surgeon made an incision in the front of the neck. I don’t know why it was unsuccessful, and would it be better if I had posterior fusion. Anyway, my surgeon failed in correcting my physical defects, and now I’m having problems because of that.

I had a neck fusion done 2 years ago and it took. I still suffer from chronic pain in my neck and shoulder. I have since been through PT twice and am getting ready to get injections done in my neck. I was told that chronic pain after surgery is not uncommon. It sure is hard to live with.

I am 43 years olds and was told I have a neck of a 70 year old.

In December 2005 C4-C5 was fused, one year later I began losing feeling in my left arm and was also experiencing numbness...In February 2006 doctors fused C5-C6-C7 and inserted a metal plate and screws to help stabilize my neck.

I am still experiencing tremdous pain. I have gone to P.T. more times that I can count and been taking pain medication for the past two years and last week received neck injections but still no relief.....

I don't think I am ever going to be pain free and I wish someone could help me!!!

Hi i am a 46 year old female,married 3 sons 2 grandchilren.i have had a l5s1 fusion and need another surgeryl3and4 but putting that off, march of last year i had a anterior fusion.c 3-6 i have found out now that i had a incomplete fusion i have not telt good since the surgery and felt that something was wrong.i have a loose screw above plate,so now they want to to a posterior surgery and go in and stabilize my neck i cant handle the numb arms and the burning in my neck and shoulder.I am lucky to sweep the floor without flaring it up....has anyone had a unsucessful fusion and needed the one from the back this will be my 4th spine surgery i need help I am scare to death.....and confused dont know what to do but i knew when the pain swithced arms something was wrong.now both arms go to sleep i take oxycodone,valium soma.maloxicam.and still in pain..the anterior surgery bout killed me i didnt eat solid food for 2 months,lost lots of weight weighed 100 lbs i weigh 120 now sp i need to know what am i in store for???   help michelle

hi everyone went to my pain doctor today i was told to get a second opinion and see what other options i have ....i dont know what surgeeon to pick whether to let the same one do this or go somewhere else.i really like and feel comfortable with him.but i have been told to et a second opinion i dont know why with a incomplete fusion i need surgerey..i have decisions to make but something has to help this pain i knew something was wrong they kept saying it takes time to heal now 10percent dont fuse is what im told.....god bless you all

Yes. I see doctor on Tuesday. In a lot of pain radiating Dow left arm with left hand numbness