Hi, I am 24 years old female and I have pretty big dilemma. My mother and her sister suffered from breast carcinoma. I am afraid that I have very big chances to get it too. I am thinking of taking tamoxifen as prevention for breast carcinoma because I don't want to experience same destiny like my mother. I would like to know if it is all right to be taken.

Hi, tamoxifen is medication which is used for breast cancers. It may be used after breast cancer surgery or when carcinoma is in the beginning stage. However tamoxifen has many side effects which are very serious especially if you use it for a long time. Some of these side effects are carcinoma of uterus, stroke and some other serious diseases. I am not suggesting you to take it on your own and it would be much better if you consult your doctor.